Tottenham Hotspur v. Wycombe Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was a car crash, albeit a stupendous one which ended gloriously.

We gave Wycombe and their fans hope, belief, joy and with some cruelty reminded them that there is no god, is that not what football is all about???

well `I enjoyed the game, proper cup tie.

(hope the coked up prat who left at h/t , got what was coming.)

Bloke in front of me:

- arrived 5 mins after KO
- stood and turned to face the crowd trying to get a song going (nothing wrong with that in itself but the people around were mostly either 60+ or -5 years old.....not going to happen)
- left to go for a beer when we went 2 down (c. 32 mins)
- only came back at 2-2
- left the ground entirely at 3-2
- openly said he'd bet on the opposition to win

Wycombe have Adebayo Akinfenwa, his mother is of African decent and his father is a Challenger battle tank
222px-Adebayo_Akinfenwa_2015_%28cropped%29.jpg

Last edited:
Poch is a good bloke isn't he?

You wouldn't hear this from that old cunt Whinger

"That is the FA Cup. Every time we play in it, anything can happen.

"Wycombe played very, very well in the first half. In the second half we increased our level and pushed a bit and I think we played better than them but in football you need some luck and with the last chance we scored and won.

"Full credit to Wycombe they played very well. Congratulations to them because they were heroes.

We did not underestimate them. Credit them, we cannot play them down. It was very difficult for us. It was difficult to stop them, they showed more desire and quality on the pitch. It is only fair to say the truth.

"This is the beauty of the FA Cup. It's magic. This is completely different to Spain or France. It is the oldest competition in the world and the teams and people try to win to lift the trophy. It is always special.

"We will try to win the three competitions. It is tough because you need all the squad."

The only manager who can be criticised for fielding a week team is Klopp.
No European football and congested fixture lists to get in the way there,
You'd think a club like Liverpool would be able to cope.

We were involved in a cup classic.

No need to over-analyse it.

A bang in form, good side put up an inspired performance at WHL.

Luckily, we got through it.

Congratulations to Wycombe on an incredible performance. But we move on.

Tuesday is us.

My point exactly about the Premier League bubble. We're a League Two side, football down there is a lot rougher and more physical.
I actually don't think we were particularly on Saturday, maybe the occasional bit but we were playing a side 3 leagues our superior.
I actually think when we had the ball we played some nice stuff. For example, rumour has it England international Eric Dier, is still chasing £800ish a week earner Myles Weston...

And next year Dier will still be playing for Spurs & England & your fella will be trying to get a game for the Dog & Duck. So?

Wycombe fan here. Congrats on the win. That was without doubt the best game I have ever seen. I still can't believe it though. Absolutely gutted. Made worse by the fact that both of Son's shots were missing too.
When we went 3-2 up, I seriously thought we'd won. Then our keeper messed up his clearance and you scored well after stoppage time was up. So proud of the performance. I've never been this emotionally drained after a football game. I can't speak though. My voice is almost completely gone.

Tactically, I thought we were far too open defensively, but I didn't mind because I was glad that we went out and attacked without fear. Akinfenwa amazing. Gape incredible. Hayes was brilliant apart from hitting the bar with that sitter after 15 seconds. I thought we deserved at least a replay. Ah well. This one will take some time to get over.

You played better than the majority of teams we've faced at the Lane this season.

Back
Top Bottom