Tottenham Hotspur v. Wycombe Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch needs to be on Phone tonight getting Josh & CCV loan deals in Midtable Championship teams otherwise they can kiss goodbye to a playing career at spurs, u23 & practicing with first team is no substitute for playing mens football
we got out of jail, Does Poch not understand that against these lower league teams you have to play a strong team,

People will try to use our 2nd string against us.

Don't let them.

Wycombe were a fair, decent side.

As we thought Kashket and Akinfenwa were good..

If we're honest, Wycombe presented a bigger challenge than Chelsea and Woolwich.

Up until the 89th minute I was thinking that the poxy tin-pot FA Cup was WAY beneath our sublime, preened, Twattergram generation of elite Players...

but apparently, we do give a shit! Glad to see it...

If it wasn't for Wolves & Lincoln we'd be up first on MOTD... but as it is, I'm glad we're not! ...'cos as we all know, they always show the 'Cupsets' first!!

Fuck me that was close!

I think Poch now knows his First XI, and who he can rely on... and who he really can't!

ha true. If this was liverpool celebrating like this after beating wycombe at home, we would have had a field day!
How long before a Woolwich fan comes up with the original "are you going to make it in to a dvd?" joke.

winning any game 4-3 in the last second of the game can only be celebrated like that, especially in the fa cup. no shame in it at all.

Got the win which is good but that was pretty embarrassing for 80+ minutes. The ref and half of our players/coaching staff need to have a think about this match and build upon it for next time.

Our last ever FA Cup game at White Hart Lane.

Should be fucking ashamed.

Who should be ashamed? And why's that then?

Anyway, there was no doubt in my mind. What a lovely game from our guys. We took everything Wycombe's League 2 had in their kit bag that they could throw at our second string fellas, dangled an upset in front of their faces, and snatched it from their hands like a lollipop in a baby's hand with ten men.

Beautiful. Hey, Liverpool, that's how you do it.

:memelol:

I saw spurs at wembley win 3 fa cups, lose one. I saw us win the UEFA cup when it was the equivalent of the CL.
We were still, 'just tottenham' a cup team. Nothing to worry about in the league.
It was also a time when competitors like UEFA were not league based. There were just 2 legs a tie in Europe, not 6 games before you got to the KO stages and played 2 legs.
More teams won the FA cup.
From the 60's up to the PL er there were 14 different winners. Thats 32 years
Since the PL there have been 8, and that include dopers Man City. Thats 24 years
Liverpool 2, Man u 5, Woolwich 6, Chelsea 6, City 1, Everton1, Portsmouth1 Wigan 1

17720327.gif

Back
Top Bottom