Tottenham Hotspur v. Wycombe Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're about 9 points off top.

We're about 4 games away from a cup final. I know where the priorities should lie.
Now your implying I said we are challenging for the title.
I dont think we are, but everyone will be fucked off if we run our first team into the ground, maybe pick up a few injuries going all out at Wycombe and throw away top 4.
I think our priority is the league. Only when we can establish ourselves as a consistent top 4 side will we be a force.
A side that plays in the CL each season. A club that can extract maximum revenue from its new stadium by doing so.
A club that can attract bigger deals and therefore players.
We are also just 4 games away from a EL final
and 15 away from a top 4 spot.

Poch is a good bloke isn't he?

You wouldn't hear this from that old cunt Whinger

"That is the FA Cup. Every time we play in it, anything can happen.

"Wycombe played very, very well in the first half. In the second half we increased our level and pushed a bit and I think we played better than them but in football you need some luck and with the last chance we scored and won.

"Full credit to Wycombe they played very well. Congratulations to them because they were heroes.

We did not underestimate them. Credit them, we cannot play them down. It was very difficult for us. It was difficult to stop them, they showed more desire and quality on the pitch. It is only fair to say the truth.

"This is the beauty of the FA Cup. It's magic. This is completely different to Spain or France. It is the oldest competition in the world and the teams and people try to win to lift the trophy. It is always special.

"We will try to win the three competitions. It is tough because you need all the squad."

One last thing - this is why I have faith in Janssen still. I think he has the passion he just needs to find his form. Poch needs to have him start in the cup and Europa league games and on the bench in the league. He causes issues for defenders - very physical and active off the ball.

I dont think we are, but everyone will be fucked off if we run our first team into the ground, maybe pick up a few injuries going all out at Wycombe and throw away top 4.
I think our priority is the league. Only when we can establish ourselves as a consistent top 4 side will we be a force.
A side that plays in the CL each season. A club that can extract maximum revenue from its new stadium by doing so.
A lot will depend on our cup draws too.
If we get a kind draw then we may just about get away with resting 3-4 for cup games.
if we get a tough draw then really we need to be playing our best 11 to win.
So far this season the ball handling god has been kind to us. long may it continue....
Lincoln at home in the next round please!!

Last edited:
I saw spurs at wembley win 3 fa cups, lose one. I saw us win the UEFA cup when it was the equivalent of the CL.
We were still, 'just tottenham' a cup team. Nothing to worry about in the league.
It was also a time when competitors like UEFA were not league based. There were just 2 legs a tie in Europe, not 6 games before you got to the KO stages and played 2 legs.
More teams won the FA cup.
From the 60's up to the PL er there were 14 different winners. Thats 32 years
Since the PL there have been 8, and that include dopers Man City. Thats 24 years
Liverpool 2, Man u 5, Woolwich 6, Chelsea 6, City 1, Everton1, Portsmouth1 Wigan 1
So did I and I want to see another FA cup win but it will not happen if we play the 2nd team. Poch must understand players want to win trophies and Lloris & others cannot win a trophy if they do not get the opportunity to play.

I won't single out players too much after a win because there's no point however janssen's performance proves that a lack of minutes and thus form doesn't mean a player is shit. I'm hopeful that kev, josh (only 19 still so he has plenty of time) and gkn can and will turn it around when given more minutes. Cup runs will only do them good. Still think josh needs to play CM, not AM. Gkn shouldn't have been taken off when he was. Kev needs to lift a bit as he's vying for a first 11 spot and I like him as a player. Trip's injury might mean some game time for KWP in the future. No point even going on about CCV as that's his first average game for the first 11 and even toby and jan have them sometimes (remember stoke at home last season?).

We're 8 games away from the EL final.

So did I and I want to see another FA cup win but it will not happen if we play the 2nd team. Poch must understand players want to win trophies and Lloris & others cannot win a trophy if they do not get the opportunity to play.
We have depth for a reason. Again, credit to WW, but they are a League Two side. Let's see who we draw in the 5th round, its between our two Gent fixtures, so we may start a stronger side depending on draw and first leg results.

I'd rather see Edwards in for Onomah at this point. I feel like Onomah needs to be loaned out to a Championship side to get more experience playing week in and week out. Just a constant non-impact.

We're 8 games away from the EL final.
ok 8.
Which do you want to do most then
Win FA cup
finish in top 3
win the EL
Dont them all, we won't.
Bear in mind, as it stands, we will be playing on Feb 11th v Liverpool, 16th in EL, 18th in FA cup and 23rd in El and 26th v stoke
I would suspect that if we get Lincoln, Sutton or Millwall then we will be playing a similar line up.

Look if we would have had Toby fit he would have played alongside Wimmer and it would have been a different start probably. We definitely would have been a bot more composed at the back
The team had enough about it to get something.
They did what they do and we defended pretty poorly for all 3 goals.
As it was we had to use dele, and Dembele.

ok 8.
Which do you want to do most then
Win FA cup
finish in top 3
win the EL
Dont them all, we won't.
Bear in mind we will be playing on 11th v Liverpool, 16th in EL, 18th in FA cup and 23rd in El and 26th v stoke
I would suspect that if we get Lincoln, Sutton or Millwall then we will be playing a similar line up.

I'd want us to win one of the cups if all you can offer me is top 3.

I'd want us to win one of the cups if all you can offer me is top 3.
Fuck me, its like pulling teeth.
4th isn't guaranteed qualification for EL, and you said we are 9 points of the top so prioritise FA cup.
So, what would you like us to do the most, and therefore prioritise
a top 4 finish
EL
or the FA cup
bear in mind the fixture list now.

Back
Top Bottom