Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Juventus just put in a 'masterclass' typical Juve performance away at Lazio.

And if they were to play like this on Wednesday, then we will find it very difficult. Hard to break down, solid defensively and worryingly an end product.

Lazio have one of the best attacks in the league and Juventus limited them to ZERO shots on goal all game and Lazio were at home!

Juventus of course won it in the 93rd minute.

A performance like this Wednesday would put them through to the quarter finals. An early goal for us would be fucking amazing.
Sorry mate but that’s not quite right. We’re far stronger than Lazio, and they did have chances. Juve were lucky, boring and still a bit shit. Our pace, our power and our precision is too much for any team when we’re on form. It’s got nothing to do with them. If we get our game right, we’ll overpower then. It’s all about us. Wembley will be a cauldron. Juve don’t know what’s coming.

Last edited:
I only watched a bit of their game but Lazio had some guy that looks like Adebayo Akinfenwa's younger brother and he had the beating of Lichtsteiner - Son is gonna tear him to pieces.
Probably referring to Romelu Lukaku's little brother Jordan.

Biggest worry for me is that we have a fucking awful start again. We just can’t afford to put ourselves in that situation.
As brilliant as our comeback was the other week, & as much as we outplayed them in the second half, I don’t think that they would lose a 2 goal lead again. In fact, if they take the lead they will be using every bit of experience they have & every dark art in their repertoire to keep their beaks in front.
This is a team that got to the final twice in past 3 years. That doesn’t happen by fluke.
I think we will nudge past them, but it genuinely is going to be a nail biter.
Still never seen us lose at Wembley. I am crossing everything that Wednesday isn’t the day when that lucky streak ends.
:avbpray:

Edit: We also need a good, strong referee. Any idea who it is and if he’s any good?

Last edited:
Sorry mate but that’s not quite right. We’re far stronger than Lazio, and they did have chances. Juve we’re lucky, boring and still a bit shit. Our pace, our power and our precision is too much for any team when we’re on form. It’s got nothing to do with them. If we get our game right, we’ll overpower then. It’s all about us. Wembley will be a cauldron. Juve don’t know what’s coming.

Just him talking up his team. Something else he said.

"This win certainly helps our confidence as we will have to be good and lucky on Wednesday."

They blew it in Turin and he knows it.

And reference the defending quote. League season to date.

Lazio played 27 conceded 34.
Tottenham played 29 conceded 24.

Now I’m not a statistician but I see a clear difference here.......

Notable we conceded 4 of those 24 in one game as well against arguably the best side in the world this season.

Wembley will be rocking for this as well, they need more than luck.

"Tottenham are different compared to Lazio, they don't defend as well" - Max Allegri

Lazio goals conceded per game: 1.26 (34 in 27 games)
Tottenham goals conceded per game: 0.83 (24 in 29 games)

In a stronger, more attack orientated league.

Twat

Last edited:
How comes your Tottenham have conceded less than mine?

Is the table different in Spain??
:pochlol:
Ooops, 0.83, (24 in 29 games). Point still stands tho.

And don't ever take Max Allegri's side against the family again

s-l300.jpg

quick question. Did any one buy a ticket on their membership card? Did you get a paper ticket or was it uploaded to your card?

The site said it would be a paper ticket when I bought them, but I’ve just had an email to say that they have been added to our stadium access cards.

Doesn't away goals count as extra in these type of competitions? You always hear the commentators go on about how important it is to get away goals (unless united are playing)
They are a tie breaker. I'd say commentators and the media over state the importance of away goals a lot of the time. To me it is more important to avoid an away defeat you can't over turn at home. But yes they are an advantage.
We only go through on away goals if there is a 0-0 or 1-1 draw.

But if they play like that on Wednesday we’ll find it very difficult?

Yes like we do every time we play the likes of West Brom or any other team willing to sit back and absorb every single bit of our pressure.

Yes like we do every time we play the likes of West Brom or any other team willing to sit back and absorb every single bit of our pressure.

It’s completely different though. A West Brom or Stoke might come to Wembley content to sit back, play for a draw, and maybe snatch something on the counter. Juve can sit back for the whole game for all we care, as we’d still go through and they’d be out.

They have to score. Teams like West Brom playing at Wembley, don’t.

They are a tie breaker. I'd say commentators and the media over state the importance of away goals a lot of the time. To me it is more important to avoid an away defeat you can't over turn at home. But yes they are an advantage.
We only go through on away goals if there is a 0-0 or 1-1 draw.
Agree it is commentators talking bollocks that away goals count double, basically the away goal gives you a half goal advantage, so in effect the current score is Tottenham 2.5 Juventus 2. Juventus nullify that half a goal if they manage to score 2 and gain half a goal if they score 3 or more.

It’s completely different though. A West Brom or Stoke might come to Wembley content to sit back, play for a draw, and maybe snatch something on the counter. Juve can sit back for the whole game for all we care, as we’d still go through and they’d be out.

They have to score. Teams like West Brom playing at Wembley, don’t.

I don't think Allegri would have any problems with that though. He's confident in his team to breach our defence. He's called out our defence.

He isn't going to come to Wembley and make a go of it. That isn't his way and it isn't Juventus' way.

He will be happy to sit back and look to counter at the right time. Will it work? I hope not.

Agree it is commentators talking bollocks that away goals count double, basically the away goal gives you a half goal advantage, so in effect the current score is Tottenham 2.5 Juventus 2. Juventus nullify that half a goal if they manage to score 2 and gain half a goal if they score 3 or more.
I get what you mean but that's a bit confusing as well. In simple terms if it is a draw on aggregate at the end of normal time, they compare away goals and the team with most wins.

Back
Top Bottom