Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Allegri is just trying to control the narrative by recruiting the media to start spreading shit before the match.

Just concentrate and play our game and we are through. Spurs earned their spot, have beaten the top teams in Europe, and are favored for a reason. Always tough against a side like Juve, but we are confident going in.

We must avoid a bad start. I think Juventus will be cagey and look to attack in the 2nd half. I think this is one match I will be happy with 0-0 after 30 mins and then go for it as do not want to be sweating on 0-0 in last 10 mins.

We have the best striker in the world. He will get at least once chance, and you'd put money on him taking it. They may have just put in a 'master class' against Lazio, but we are better than Lazio. We have better players, a stronger team and a winning mentality.

They need to try and score, not us. We have the benefit of the away goals, so if we can keep it tight for the first half, maybe play on the break like against Madrid then we will cause the problems. I know Dybala is back, but we have enough to contain him.

Beat Juventus and then we have beaten the current holders, 2 of the last 3 finalists and Dortmund who were in the final not too long ago. We've had the toughest run of all the sides, and we keep proving we are worthy of our spot.

I don't think Allegri would have any problems with that though. He's confident in his team to breach our defence. He's called out our defence.

He isn't going to come to Wembley and make a go of it. That isn't his way and it isn't Juventus' way.

He will be happy to sit back and look to counter at the right time. Will it work? I hope not.

Well Juve haven’t looked great away in this competition this season, so I think his comment is mind games as much as anything.

We can literally just play keep ball all night if they don’t pressure us and not leave spaces at the back. Probably one of the best in Europe at keeping the ball. Our game is structured around it, look how many times we go back to Lloris in a game.
And Allegri will know when they sat back in Turin we bossed them and got back in the game.

So I think Allegri knows it won’t be easy. Just like Poch knows it won’t be easy.

But what was their game plan against Barca and then drawing with sporting Lisbon this season?
Did they play his way? Or the Juventus way? Or both??

That’s fine with me if they play that way again anyway.....

:kaneshh:

What Souness just said on Super Sunday is completely true. It’s acceptable in Italy to play dull football and try and snatch a 1-0, whether you’re the home or away team. That’s what Conte is doing today, and what Juve will try Wednesday.

It’s 2-2 at the moment.

I’m no Albert Einstein but by my calculations a 1-0 win for Juve might just be enough.

:pochshock:

*edit - just for clarity in case you weren’t aware, away goals only count double if the aggregate score is level after 90 minutes in the second leg.
mistake on my part, i forgot the away goals only matter in a draw, not sure where my head was at when I posted that.

Just a thought, if as I think we all agree that Juve will try and nick one on the break, Does Sanchez have to start re: pace ?

If dembele isn't fit as Alastair gold keeps suggesting on twitter :pochrolleyes:

Who is in favour of seeing dele in midfield lining up next to wanyama/dier? It would free up space for lamela/moura to start along side Kane, Christian and son.

Very attacking line up, but I do feel we need to score and it could do dele the world of good arriving late in to the box.

City have been starting with one recognised DM this season(Fernandinho), and sometimes with out one at all. Seems to work for them. . .

If dembele isn't fit as Alastair gold keeps suggesting on twitter :pochrolleyes:

Who is in favour of seeing dele in midfield lining up next to wanyama/dier? It would free up space for lamela/moura to start along side Kane, Christian and son.

Very attacking line up, but I do feel we need to score and it could do dele the world of good arriving late in to the box.

City have been starting with one recognised DM this season(Fernandinho), and sometimes with out one at all. Seems to work for them. . .
I've said this before on other threads, I think Dele would be fantastic in that position with his energy, tackling and ability to pick a pass.

Back
Top Bottom