Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley Sat11th May 3.00 pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He made Hugo look like Zidane. Absolutely hopeless but Kompany is a clown thinking that lot can play out from the back and not get relegated. He’s a fool.
It's a very young team and they have a lot of pace up front. Assignon was quick and the other one, the 19 year old, looked as quick as VdV.
They will probably win the Championship next year comfortably and come back older and wiser.

Just got back and tbh, seemed like a half decent performance. We could easily have scored more.

However the highlight of the day had to be the Burnley player who went down like he'd been shot trying to win a pen. Got to be a bad day at the office when you've just been relegated, a whole stadium is laughing at you and even your team mate tells you to stop being a pussy.

:ange-lol:

Yet this so called elite manager whose won everywhere thinks they are good enough!

Where’s your managerial credentials? I’ll wait.

Btw you may have missed it in your determination to post negative thought after negative thought but we won today.

I notice you don’t say much when there’s loads of positive things going on. I wonder why that is!

That’s rhetorical btw. I don’t want to hear from you.

Cheers.

Yes, grazed my palms pretty badly, trying to break my fall and I'm going to have a huge bruise on my right knee but will soldier on as have no time to cry off injured as I have two games in the next three days ;)
That’s the spirit.

Salute Honor GIF by CBS

It's a very young team and they have a lot of pace up front. Assignon was quick and the other one, the 19 year old, looked as quick as VdV.
They will probably win the Championship next year comfortably and come back older and wiser.
If Kompany is in charge they’ll still try play the same way. There’s very few teams in the world that can play that way consistently and not concede. Burnley will never be one of those teams. If they come up they’ll go straight back down playing that way. They’ve lost 23 games this season and nearly every week some of the goals they concede come from trying to play out. Delusional football.

Wasn’t able to watch the game - how did skipp fare at left back?
Below average. Tried his best but got caught out of position a good few times and they targeted him. Most of their attacks came up our left. When he went inverted he was actually ok on the ball. Should never be played there today and hopefully never again. If he plays there on Tuesday he’ll get destroyed.

Second half was.
It was another one of those very comfortable wins but the scoreline doesn’t reflect it. We weren’t brilliant but we were never not going to win it. Same as Forest,Brentford and Luton at home where we should be scoring more. We don’t have that killer instinct and today we relied on a left back and a right back to score which I suppose shows that our system is effective. That’s why we play inverted full backs but we need more from whoever plays in our front three.

It was another one of those very comfortable wins but the scoreline doesn’t reflect it. We weren’t brilliant but we were never not going to win it. Same as Forest,Brentford and Luton at home where we should be scoring more. We don’t have that killer instinct and today we relied on a left back and a right back to score which I suppose shows that our system is effective. That’s why we play inverted full backs but we need more from whoever plays in our front three.

I sincerely hope as things progress that the wingers and FBs are afforded a more fluid relationship where the FBs are allowed to push outside when the situ requires.

The FBs are playing too dogmatically atm.

I sincerely hope as things progress that the wingers and FBs are afforded a more fluid relationship where the FBs are allowed to push outside when the situ requires.

The FBs are playing too dogmatically atm.
I don’t know if it was happening today but thought Porro was getting on the outside more in the second half🤷‍♂️

They need to mix it up more. Our crossing was poor today from both sides.

Back
Top Bottom