Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace - Sat. 2nd March 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stereotypical top team against a low block team game that tbh.

We were far too slow and lacked movement in the first half. Palace shape was pretty good but we didn't even look bothered, almost as if the players believe that we'll always end up finding a way to score because of the run we're currently on.

Second half though, really good. Not our free flowing best, but it was never going to be against a team like Palace and the way they set up. They couldn't handle Werner. Shows how important our summer will be and how important getting that right profile in will be.

Deserved the win. We battered them and in the second half showed more desire, more willing and decided to show up.

Palace aren't great, but I thought defensively we looked a lot better in our shape. We pretty much limited them to fuck all outside of Ezes brilliant free kick. We've gifted worse teams more chances. Guess they were the perfect team in a competitive environment to test anything defensively against.

Feet up. Lets hope Luton can do us a favour eh?

Why can't we play with that intensity from the outset?

Deserved win overall but man we have been making it hard on ourselves lately.
Because we‘d be shot by 60minuets, it’s okay celtic in their tin -pot league blowing away shitty opposition
where they we’re usually up 3-0 by the hour mark he’s no that luxury in the EPL

Because people are morons
I think minds were made up when we signed him because he wasnt some glamour signing and we did overpay a bit and its now just a case of doubling down given even half a chance.

He's never going to be Bale or have the ability of Ginola but can be a very effective player given time, even if its just off the bench and rotation. Certainly comparable in impact to someone like Aaron Lennon albeit different type of winger.

Hopefully Ange can get the players to play with that kind of urgency and pace earlier. Credit to the players who stepped up and responded after conceding that shitty free kick goal. In hindsight, might have been better to go with Sarr from the start, as Bentancur looks like he’s still well off the pace.

I don’t know why we can’t play with the same intensity from the start as when we were chasing the game?!

The first half looked like a pre-season or training match with nothing at stake.

Bizarre!
I have said before , you can win a game in 10 minutes. You don't need to attack for 90. Better to up the tempo when opposition legs and minds are tired.

Udogie really helped us today btw. Having a wingback who can receive and be a threat in the half spaces in midfield. Huge priority. We must find real backups for him and Porro this summer.
He’s super good but he really needs to add some passing to his game to get to the next level. Needs to improve his cutbacks and early entry balls.

Melters go over the top.

Happy clappers go over the top.

Good three points and we have an encouraging habit of turning a game on its head in a matter of minutes.

But I don’t like how we start games and you can’t put it all down to facing a low block.

Back
Top Bottom