Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace - Sat. 2nd March 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Embarrassing. Seek help
Seek help? For having an opinion you disagree with. About football. Really?

Have a word with yourself. You're the embarrassing one. Calling someone's mental state into question cause they said something you didn't like on a football forum.

Please, do put me on ignore.

The intensity to start the game and really the bulk of the 1st half was way off, it always concerns me when our players walk with the ball and everything ahead is static, Ange must be tearing his hair out because even in pre season we were never that pedestrian. That said Werner scores and the rest would have taken care of itself, wasnt to be and that ensured a dogfight with the inevitable goal out of nothing from them.

2nd half much better, im not one to say "never in doubt" but the equaliser knocked the stuffing out of them, a 2nd was always likely to quickly follow.

Overall good 3 points and quite honestly its probably good to hit the road and take on teams that will challenge us, the low block kills us and today with no Richy we had no interest crossing the ball either, doesnt leave us with margin for error.

Ok, I apologise for melting.

But we need to seriously improve and play a full 90 not just in 20 minute spurts.

Great result though.
Don't worry, mate. I think many of us were unimpressed for a considerable portion of the game. It's not been the hyper-entertaining spectacle we experienced early on in the season. But a beautifully entertaining last 20 (15?).

Spurs all the way.

You know what you were implying you vertically challenged Oompa Loompa
Yeah, whether we played well for 15 or 20 minutes it’s fucking irrelevant. We were fucking dogshit for a large amount of time today against a bottom 5 side. It’s been a common pattern in the last 10-15 games. If you’re happy with that, godspeed and enjoy serving that shit.

That’s what I was implying.

Good comeback but we are not playing with confidence and cohesion to finish this season in a decent position. TBH we have been lucky in a few games and what I refer to as a Jekyll and Hyde syndrome has to stop. Once the light switch is flicked you witness a complete transformation . Why aren’t we this decisive from the start? Very strange.
The Greeks didn't build Rome in a day mate!

You know what you were implying you vertically challenged Oompa Loompa
its a cunt off
giphy.gif

Fuckin' hell.

Again - kept going, good spirit, good comeback.

But again - performance for meat and drink of the game lacking fluidity and sharpness with the ball and needs correcting.

As we say about other teams, you can't be keeping on scrambling for results, and it doesn't really reflect well on your team. Got to find whatever the formula is to get those high standards of performance back.

There is such a thing as forced errors. We made our own luck unlike waiting for it in the first half.
Fair enough for the first one, brilliant work from the kid, harassing their defender like that then beating the helper to the loose ball. Great cross too.

Second one really is on Palace...criminal to ballwatch like that on a throw in. But fair play to our boys for exploiting is.

Third is a typical Sonny goal but Gladlsner sure will have words with his players cause that was proper weak.

Games like today show why we need a strong bench, sometimes you simply have to grind them down. Liverpool use their bench to get over the line with the likes of Darwin Nunez and so do others. Johnson good when he came on.

Our laboured play around the opposition box continues to be a worry (and an eyesore) but overall we remained patient and with a very solid defensive base. Palace really never looked threatening at all and Eze apart from one glorious free kick was well marshaled by Royal and Cuti.

When we can switch up the tempo we look threatening. Maddison and Bentancur still look a bit laboured and our fast passing and one touch play remains missing since the New year.

Back
Top Bottom