Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace - Sat. 2nd March 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, it’s because he doesn’t contribute much else and is technically not great.

Did well to bulldoze for the goal and if you play him behind he’ll put a decent ball in, but he’s never going to finesse his way through is he. Which is what we need on days like today.
True. And let's not forget the relative sitter he ballooned over the bar.

Fair dues today though, he made an impact from the bench.

We are building a team here and we are a far away from the finished product but the early signs are very good and at the end of the day you can only sit in and chase the ball for so long inThis league last season we would have lost today

I have no problem looking like, and/or, bring a moron.

But I still think we overpaid on Johnson. I love to see him do well and I hope he proves me wrong and turns into a monster.

But I’m not going to will myself into pretending he’s an excellent winger.

Need to forget transfer fees when looking at overpaying.

Johnson’s wages are miles from an over pay. Wages are a much better indicator of the level of player you are signing because the best players get the best wage offers on the market. Transfer fee is just about the negotiating between clubs.

I don't quite like him making the changes so immediately after we scored, especially the personnel being subbed off contributed to the goal.
Yes he did that in previous game and we lost the plot. It loses momentum especially when the players have just contributed so would be buzzing and confident. It’s almost like he wants to shut up shop. Take off two of our more threatening players and bring on two midfielders.

Melters go over the top.

Happy clappers go over the top.

Good three points and we have an encouraging habit of turning a game on its head in a matter of minutes.

But I don’t like how we start games and you can’t put it all down to facing a low block.
Well said, my man.

Be good if some could engage with people whose opinion they disagree with without having to throw insults in the mix...

Yeah, whether we played well for 15 or 20 minutes it’s fucking irrelevant. We were fucking dogshit for a large amount of time today against a bottom 5 side. It’s been a common pattern in the last 10-15 games. If you’re happy with that, godspeed and enjoy serving that shit.

That’s what I was implying.
They're not in the bottom 5.....🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom