Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace - Sat. 2nd March 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...when Son scored the 3rd...
hqdefault.jpg

Oh the relief!!
And i bet you didn't even have to touch Mr. Johnson for it?

Happy clappers cheering for 4th have no moral high ground over people getting the arsehole because this club isn’t challenging for titles.
In my 52 years of supporting Spurs we've only challenged for the title three times. In reverse order those were when Chelsea, Leicester and Everton won the league.

Of those three times, I'd say the closest we came was in - what was it, 87? - when Everton won. I remember being at the Lane for "the decider" in spring, we played brilliantly but Neville Southall was a man possessed.

Point being, the idea of Tottenham challenging for the League Title is still a pretty surreal dream for me. That's due above all to us being us, not Levy or ENIC or Sugar or anything else.

Liverpool have just won in the 99th minute after a proper cock up from Awoniyi , dribbling out from the edge of his area.
Are they bothered, you must be joking. Take what we get. We’ve given away more than our fair share of stupid goals.
The mob down the road will be bothered 😎

A good defensive platform but lacking threat against a disciplined low block. An uplift from Maddison and Biss (showed signs today) will help especially if we can get back that zippy passing and one touch round-the-corner stuff we had early season.

Porro back will help obviously but he's not a magic wand. He doesn't really help that much against low blocks because Ange doesn't really have the rb's go round the outside.

Think we were all concerned at half-time but thankfully football has always been a game of two halves. Palace are often better away from home with the way they like to play, so a 3-1 win I would have snatched your hand off at that before a ball was kick regardless of how it come about.

Things aren't perfect right now but there's still far more to be positive and optimistic about than not. Roll on Villa, which should be a terrific game.

Fuck.... Villa scores! 🥴

Villa up next, will probably be a season decider!

Our form of lately is worrying going into that game.

Although a good sign to turn around the game today, when we looked dead and buried!

Ramsey going off after 30 mins.

Yeah ok you got 39.25 years on me as a Spurs fan but not football, I don’t think you trust what Ange brings to Spurs tbh, I do
When you're done with imagining what's in my head and getting it wrong...and wanna have an actual grownup convo instead, gimme a holla

Turned out nice in the end, didn't it? 70 minutes of High Anxiety, followed by 20 minutes of sheer unadulterated bliss.

It's The Tottenham Way.

I'm happy for Werner, after his Blithering Idiot display of incompetence in giving the ball to the goalie, that he made amends by scoring. Johnson's persistent run and final ball were exhilerating and Sonny was - well, he was just Sonny.

What really pisses me off is the TV crowd shots before kick off - why is it only Korean tourists that make it onto my screen? Can we see some proper miserable old gits Spurs fans for a change?

Back
Top Bottom