TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Geoff Twentyman has been dead about 20 years. You must have been swatting up on Liverpools history. Apart from the shite about stealing players the rest is correct. This is the best entertainment I've had for ages Thanks a lot

Well entertain yourself further and go on RAWK

And stay there

I read somewhere on Rawk that there was a particular game at WHL in the 80s I think that's well remembered by Liverpool fans, where they were chased and harried all the way back to Seven Sisters station by the largest football hooligan firm any of them can remember encountering. A scouser was thrown through a window and Seven Sisters station resembled the hospital from Rorke's Drift when they eventually made it back there.

You read it on RAWK

Must be true then

:pochfacepalm:

Your definitely one of those guys who sits and moans all game, says all our players are shit just so they can say told you so at the end of the game if we lose.

Yes we have a few of those

They take their seat 10 mins after kick off, moan and bellyache for a while, get up 10 mins before half time for a prawn sandwich, return 10 mins after half time, moan and bellyache until 10 mins to go and whatever the score they fuck off home

Cunts

I am in Hong Kong at the moment and I can tell you that there are a lot more Liverpool fans here than there are Spurs fans. Just got back from Thailand and Liverpool are the best supported club there. Spurs are nowhere near as big as Liverpool worldwide and if you think they are you are deluding yourself.

You know, I am fucking heartbroken that you have more fans in Thailand than we do. I have many good friends on Merseyside and they are utterly embarrassed by people like you.
Thank you for visiting though, and cheering us up.

Its not a matter of how many goals they've scored this season or their defensive record to be fair. We struggle against any team willing to press our team from the front.

Luckily, I think Pochettino has evolved this season. Especially after the way we've played against Dortmund and Madrid who are the two best teams we've played all season.

If we go into the Liverpool game with the same manner we go into every game against them, I'd be lost for words. Pochettino isn't a fucking idiot but he'd be pretty close to being one if he done that.

Luckily, their best presser is injured and their biggest goal threat is also injured.
We don't struggle against those teams though.....City are better at it than Pool and we have great success against them.

The Liverpool thing is overhyped. We've had some crap results against them but I think it's more coincidence and them treating it like a cup final than Klopps master plan.

Teams we struggle against are those with men behind the ball. Liverpool will suit us on a big pitch. Let them press from the front all they want.....good luck when that back line gets caught out 40 yards from their goal.

We don't struggle against those teams though.....City are better at it than Pool and we have great success against them.

The Liverpool thing is overhyped. We've had some crap results against them but I think it's more coincidence and them treating it like a cup final than Klopps master plan.

Teams we struggle against are those with men behind the ball. Liverpool will suit us on a big pitch. Let them press from the front all they want.....good luck when that back line gets caught out 40 yards from their goal.

City fucking killed us last season at the Etihad, especially in the first half. I still worry for Wimmer after that performance.

Luckily for us, the referee was generous, didn't send Walker off, didn't give City a penalty and allowed us to score via an offside goal.

The problem was usually that we were worried to knock it long as we would have preferred to keep possession (which was our downfall because of the pressing meant us giving it away) and Kane being slow meant we had zero outlet when knocking it long for someone to run on to.

But this season shows we have learnt. Dortmund are a brilliant pressing team but we simply stood form defensively, knocked it long when we could and played on the counter. That's HOW you beat Liverpool. Yet in the last 4 seasons, we've struggled to do it.

And Sunday we will either play counter and get something from the game or we will play the same way we always do against Liverpool and they'll get something from it.

City fucking killed us last season at the Etihad, especially in the first half. I still worry for Wimmer after that performance.

Two mistakes for their goals and a total second half capitulation....10pts in the last 4 games and you take one 45 minute period..

Luckily for us, the referee was generous, didn't send Walker off, give City a penalty and allowed us to score via an offside goal.

And lucky for them Hugo fucked up twice....how about the other three games?

Two mistakes for their goals and a total second half capitulation....10pts in the last 4 games and you take one 45 minute period..

Yeah, we hammered them at White Hart Lane. I'm not sure why City are being mentioned, like you say we've beat them, yet we haven't beaten Liverpool for 4 years or even come close.

Klopps Liverpool are one of the most aggressive pressing teams in the league and usually absolutely hammer the better teams because no one can deal with them. They struggle with the teams that sit back, like Man Utd.

We sit back against Liverpool. We don't lose. In fact, we probably win.

Lets hope Pochettino has learnt from the previous 7 games against them in which he's failed.

Im confident he has.

City could and should have scored at least 5 goals in that game sammy, they were completely dominating us for most of that game. We do struggle against teams that press hard, but Dortmund shows that we can absorb the pressure and counter.

Why on earth will we treat it like a cup final? Klopp clearly doesn't rate Spurs as a club. Since day one it was obvious. Or have you forgotten that quote from him, where he said Liverpool needs to win against teams like Spurs, which clearly pissed a lot of you Spuds off?

Why on earth will we treat it like a cup final? Klopp clearly doesn't rate Spurs as a club. Since day one it was obvious. Or have you forgotten that quote from him, where he said Liverpool needs to win against teams like Spurs, which clearly pissed a lot of you Spuds off?

Klopp doesn’t rate Spurs? The Spurs who keep finishing miles ahead of his team? Then clearly the man is an idiot.

You treat all games against the top 6 as cup finals as evidenced by your inability to beat the small teams. He only knows one way to play, he can’t coach a defence, but he manages to fool you deluded worshippers. You’ll never win the league again.

Last edited:
City could and should have scored at least 5 goals in that game sammy, they were completely dominating us for most of that game. We do struggle against teams that press hard, but Dortmund shows that we can absorb the pressure and counter.
I know it was only pre season but did us over in the summer too

Lloris
Toby - Sanchez - Jan
Aurier - Sissoko - Dier - Davies
Eriksen - Dele
Kane
Seems to pick itself.

Rose, Trippier, Winks and Llorente can all start against West Ham

I dont read anything Klopp says....he's a very arrogant and very aware person masquerading as the odd, mad lovable scientist. Its boring and uncharming and he isnt a good enough manager for me to take any interest in.

He should rate Spurs as a club, because despite raising your game for the top teams, he still hasnt finished above us. But thats not only him, what is it once in 8 years for you now finishing above us?

Thats Klopp. No bigger picture....thats why its a cup final for you. Beat Spurs, draw 0-0 with Plymouth.
You can talk about head to heads all you like, but you arent growing as a club.

Why dont we talk about the 2-0, the 4-1 and 1-2 then?

They battered us 2-2.......doesnt make any sense

I dont read anything Klopp says....he's a very arrogant and very aware person masquerading as the odd, mad lovable scientist. Its boring and uncharming and he isnt a good enough manager for me to take any interest in.

He should rate Spurs as a club, because despite raising your game for the top teams, he still hasnt finished above us. But thats not only him, what is it once in 8 years for you now finishing above us?

Thats Klopp. No bigger picture....thats why its a cup final for you. Beat Spurs, draw 0-0 with Plymouth.
You can talk about head to heads all you like, but you arent growing as a club.

They've been in decline for 25 years and were 24 hours from going bankrupt until bought out by 2 American chancers (who they revile by the way). They take the piss out of us as a small club, but do they really think their current owners would invest £1 billion in improving their prospects?

Nobody actually wants to play for Liverpool - they can only attract players with large amounts of cash, and in that regard we’ll be above them in 5 years. The way their fans go on you’d think they won the league every couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom