TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thing with Liverpool is, and has been for a while, they're big time Charlie's. They honestly tend to do very well against the big 6 clubs, as they raise their game.

Then drop points against the teams they 'should' beat.

We struggled against them recently for sure, however whilst Poch and the team appear to be evolving, I don't think Liverpool are. Ten thousand goals against FC Dracula in the CL means bugger all.

I think we may see a coming of age type performance from us this weekend. And see Liverpool exposed for what they are.

Thing with Liverpool is, and has been for a while, they're big time Charlie's. They honestly tend to do very well against the big 6 clubs, as they raise their game.

Then drop points against the teams they 'should' beat.

We struggled against them recently for sure, however whilst Poch and the team appear to be evolving, I don't think Liverpool are. Ten thousand goals against FC Dracula in the CL means bugger all.

I think we may see a coming of age type performance from us this weekend. And see Liverpool exposed for what they are.

We saw that during the Home game against WBA when they scrambled a draw and Klopp led a holding hands procession across the pitch

Even I was embarrassed for them and I absolutely loathe them

But most of those kids will have no hesitation switching their allegiance somewhere else when Abramovich finally pulls the plug.
Chelsea are fuck all. They're the mid size club. A mid size club with money.
Agree I'd certainly rate Chelsea as a smaller club than us. They can't sell out games at Wembley e.g. league cup finals etc whereas we could sell it out twice over.

We saw that during the Home game against WBA when they scrambled a draw and Klopp led a holding hands procession across the pitch

I don't see myself as an expert on other teams; I go to our games and watch MOTD and that's it for me as I don't have Sky...but my instinct with Klopp from the start was that he's an idiot and I don't know why the scousers suffer him? Things like that...he always seems to celebrate shit results and big himself up for achieving them. Losing mentality IMO. With the resources of that club, if Poch had been their manager that long I think they'd be in a very different position. As others have said they're great against most of the big teams- I actually thought purely based on the games we played last season they were the best side we came across, much better than Chelsea- but absolute dog shite against the rest.

Talking about the team, if you go to minute thirteen, you can see just how high a bar Poch has set this team of his. Many managers before him and at other clubs would have thought that Tuesday's result would be huge, not so much this man.

I still cannot figure why Levy hasn't tried to ring-fence him into a longer term deal. Simply baffles me.

I don't see myself as an expert on other teams; I go to our games and watch MOTD and that's it for me as I don't have Sky...but my instinct with Klopp from the start was that he's an idiot and I don't know why the scousers suffer him? Things like that...he always seems to celebrate shit results and big himself up for achieving them. Losing mentality IMO. With the resources of that club, if Poch had been their manager that long I think they'd be in a very different position. As others have said they're great against most of the big teams- I actually thought purely based on the games we played last season they were the best side we came across, much better than Chelsea- but absolute dog shite against the rest.
Totally agree with this. They certainly turned up in both games against us in the league. And the season before.
They then go & fuck it all up against teams they should be slaughtering.
A team like that cannot contend for the league. They’ve been like this for a few years now, apart from Brenda’s flirtation at the top. But they even fucked that up when it was very much in their own hands.

But most of those kids will have no hesitation switching their allegiance somewhere else when Abramovich finally pulls the plug.
Chelsea are fuck all. They're the mid size club. A mid size club with money.
We wouldn't want any of their prima donna players with their inflated salaries and being part time bench warmers, lazy bastards

Totally agree with this. They certainly turned up in both games against us in the league. And the season before.
A team like that cannot contend for the league. They’ve been like this for a few years now, apart from Brenda’s flirtation at the top. But they even fucked that up when it was very much in their own hands.
Lets hope the Liverpool who cant finish turns up on Sunday.

Minimal spending and decent management and they could challenge for the league. They just need two decent defenders and to replace Jordan Henderson and the job is 90% complete. But season after season they do the same thing and pretend that last season's horrible defence will be excellent this year, and flush money down the drain on injury played attackers that are never fit.

Nobody takes Liverpool seriously anymore. Fucking redmen? Wankers. They’re wooshing down the hill to obscurity, and the age of the Anfield faithful must average nearly 60. The world famous Kop is like a meeting of the Band of Hope - shushing the little shites who want to make a noise.

There’s no hope for them and they know it.

Talking about the team, if you go to minute thirteen, you can see just how high a bar Poch has set this team of his. Many managers before him and at other clubs would have thought that Tuesday's result would be huge, not so much this man.

I still cannot figure why Levy hasn't tried to ring-fence him into a longer term deal. Simply baffles me.

Bit sick of hearing about Harry Winks tbh. Hes being way overrated. Like the guy, but hes just another James milner.

If anyone should have got praise, it should have been Sanchez.

Liverpool, these days, are just an offshoot of an American baseball franchise. This idea of a working class, football for the people, club that people like Fidel Castro Fidel Castro worship is so wrong.

I always knew that our biggest detractors were really LFC fans pretending to be Spurs fans, and Fidel? Keep fleecing the visitors who come to your farm - or better still give your farm to me. All property is theft right?

The thing is,we didn't give a shit what the other teams think, and neither did Klopp. The more educated knows that it had a much bigger meaning. Just a month earlier we lost against palace at home,which was his 2nd home leaue game. Palace scored in the 78th minute, and that resulted in the crowd leaving early. Klopp wasn't happy about that and asked for it not to happen again. And it didn't against West Brom, we scored a 95th-minute equalizer and Klopp praised the crowd for it. This had a bigger impact later in the season, namely scoring a winner in added time against Dortmund. What did you lot do against dortmund that season again? Think you lost 5-1 with Poch bottling the game before it even began.

Back
Top Bottom