Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United (AWAY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WILL WE WIN?

• Total voters
Sorry if anyone's seen this, but thought it was interesting. This was Madrid watching the game the other day. Wonder what was going to Rat Face's mind.

BdAYc0SIMAEARYs.jpg

That Eriksen bloke, just a shit me.

:troll:

It's different when it's a keeper isn't it though? Say a keeper comes out to make a save, the shot goes past him and he collides with the striker. It's pretty much never given as a pen if the ball doesn't go in.
I think that's exactly it. Both of the guys on NBC after the game were talking about how it wasn't a penalty. One guy was talking about how all the time you see players shoot then get taken out with a challenge by either a defender or the goalie, and how that is never given as a penalty. Young got his shot away, then Hugo got him. Webb probably treated that as any other challenge that happens after a shot when your momentum is carrying you toward the shooter.

I also find it hilarious that young has injured his shoulder. It seemed perfectly fine after the challenge when he was waving his arms and asking for a penalty.

It's different when it's a keeper isn't it though? Say a keeper comes out to make a save, the shot goes past him and he collides with the striker. It's pretty much never given as a pen if the ball doesn't go in.
But Young didn't have a shot. He crossed it and there was no 'advantage' as such.

I see that happen all the time. Player gets to ball first, takes a touch away from the keeper (and often away from the goal, or even out of play), keeper makes contact with the player (who anticipates the contact) - penalty. This happens COUNTLESS times a season. In fact, just look at our home game against Man Utd! Lloris was late on Welbeck - penalty. Did Welbeck

Back
Top Bottom