Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Or barring the Offisde goal they have just picked us off , they know we are weak on corners and scored 2 - it’s almost like Lego head has a plan and the team are executing it ! Still it’s a funny old game - that goal allowed to stand at 1-1 and we probably score another straight after
We get the peno its 2 1

As much as I like Angelos, and I don’t want him out, his lack of tactical awareness is unnerving. He needs to sort this shite out fast!
Spurs have actually played well possession wise (72 %) yet not posing much threat and the tactics and corners are still leaving Spurs massively exposed. Carbon copy of a long balls and free headers have been happening week in week out and Spurs do nothing about it.
Spurs defending against set pieces are terrible. How can we keep doing the same thing, hoping for a different outcome? Literally the definition of insanity.
Spurs mentality is still Spursy weak as is summed up by selecting Son as captain, a nice guy but not someone who will drag you through a game, get in the oppositions faces.
Spurs just always seem to lay down and take it.

Last edited:
Ange obviously takes the lion's share of the blame for how we set up but I do think he's inherited a mess of a forward line. He hasn't helped by adding equally flakey Johnson and Werner to it tbf.

We probably do have the 6th/7th best group of attackers in the league so we shouldn't really expect to finish higher than that. Not a single one of them strikes fear into the opposition. Even United you worry about Rashford on his day, Newcastle Isak, Villa Watkins but I genuinely don't think teams have that worry with us.

We still live on the glory days of Son but he's essentially useless outside of counter-attacks and someone like Kane to put the ball on a plate.
Doesn't even seem any use there now, never gets away from anyone if it's tight, he just holds it up until everyone's back and lays it to someone else. Won't even take a pop at a half chance.

NBC comms saying we were hard done by on the penalty non call. Which of course led to a goal for Woolwich. Two goal swing.

We don’t deserve shit from this game, but as a general overall future for the league, they have to figure out how VAR works. The things that get looked at in detail vs the things they just hand wave make no sense. Not just this game, not just to us, but across the PL.

Oliver is too much of a coward to make that call , then VAR, which will take 20 minutes drawing squiggly lines for offside, doesn’t examine the clear trip on the box? It’s kinda insane.

It's so fucking bullshit supporting this team man. We have a goal ruled off because they draw lines wherever they fancy it, we concede two fucking dumbshit corners because they use the genius tactic of "just run 5 players at the front post" and we have no counter for it. We concede an OG by the guy who hasnt started in months. We miss a 1v1 through Son who doesn't contribute anything but goals and still doesn't deliver even that. We don't get any luck on a potential penalty decision. We have two Romero headers that should have gone in. We have a home support who have barely made a fucking noise.

The list just goes on and on and makes the whole thing fucking miserable. I was so up for this game but it's just pouring liquid shit on my soul now.

Or barring the Offisde goal they have just picked us off , they know we are weak on corners and scored 2 - it’s almost like Lego head has a plan and the team are executing it ! Still it’s a funny old game - that goal allowed to stand at 1-1 and we probably score another straight after

And the penalty on Kulu

Nailed on imv

Fuck are you on about?
They scored from two corners (one OG and one should have been a foul on Vic) then they scored a counter from which we should have had an obvious penalty right before.

We have been the better team, ridiculous as it sounds to say being 0-3 down.
Until people realise that that doesn't count for shit then we'll continue to fail.

I've lost count of that excuse and how many times it's been trotted out.

"We've been the better team but.....but.....but......"

It's just horseshit - we haven't been the better team - we've had more possession, but that doesn't mean shit.

I'm actually laughing out loud that's you've typed that.

We've been the better team.....apart from the 3 goals we've conceded........yes ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom