Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The manager is not telling Davies to let him cut inside. That’s all on Davies being fucking stupid. 2 options. Let him go on his right and get a shot away and he’ll not score or let him come on to his very good left foot to open the goal up for an easy finish. Davies picks the second option. Idiot.

Yeah, that was my point.

What did he see the first time the cheat?
Nothing, i believe!

Soccer Bundesliga GIF by Das Örtliche

Lately, even with wishful thinking, I’ve had zero faith that we would be winning games. I expected to get smashed by Newcastle, today, not sure about Chelsea, maybe a draw, we are going to get destroyed by Liverpool. Most of my apprehension is our awful defending at corners and how exposed we are.

Yeh I have no clue what we are doing at set pieces. It’s our clear and obvious weakness and everyone knows to exploit it. I want Ange to actually address this in interview, it’s the elephant in the room.

Once again...spurs beat themselves...own goal..missed chances......sigh..

not to mention the refs robbed us once again.

at what point are these EPL refs going to be investigated....total bs..

Fuck off with pride restored

There is zero pride to be taken from that match

Fuck my.life

Nonsense and I am happy to be critical.

They are better than us, so I live in the world where the catch-up is ours.

We looked like losing 5 or 6 zip but found a way. I expected us to lose and all the baseless optomism cannot just right the gap between the teams.

We made them question themselves and gave it a go. Not the result I wanted but in the final analysis, one that is bearable, as long as City keep wimning.

I think it was a pen.

He got tripped, tried to stay on his feet but had lost his balance so eventually fell. That's actually a bigger indicator of a pen than when a player 'feels contact' and goes down immediately.

Ironically refs never give it though and essentially punish honestly.

I don't think it was remotely deliberate and would be absolutely fuming if a penalty was given against us for something like that.

I'll watch it back and ref watch will be interesting, but would be surprised if that view isn't confirmed. If the referee on field gives it I think VAR don't overrule, but it was all very innocuous to me.

We now seriously have to address the managers interpretation of the game and what he wants from the players. He has to accept that the group of players he has are completely unable to play out from defence. There is always heart in mouth moments ,once they start trying to play out and are being closed down. This aspect and not coaching players to shoot is not working out well. You work with what you have obviously but he has to stop trying to fit square blocks into round holes.

Back
Top Bottom