Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We’ve got to get smarter and nastier. We need to be fouling in their half if necessary. People need to be sprinting back as quick as they bomb forward. But our forwards lose the ball and just fucking crumple.

Get fucking nasty you fucking cunts.

BEEN saying this.

Goes for Spurs fans too who are pathetic now.

Romero and Bissouma pick up a couple of dodgy red cards when trying to be nasty to play against and all of a sudden these pathetic cowards in our fan base say they "let the team down".

If we want to win, we need to be able to win at the dark arts, whether the officials want to pick our players out for it or not. There is no question that a Spurs player doing what White did would have been penalized and that Kulusevski would have got a penalty if he was wearing red.

What's the answer? get smarter and nastier. How did Saka walk off that pitch? Officials need to understand that if they don't ref it both ways against us, all 11 players will start destroying the game with borderline fouls and starting fights at every set piece and corner. They can't send every player off so hound the official with all 11 players for every missed call.

Oh yeah because Sky sports will be the arbiter of fucking truth on what VAR did or didn't do.

The broadcasters all get the same feed of audio from that VAR room. It will be a world feed that you pay to access.

Why would the US broadcaster just randomly come out with something like that?

To drive engagement? The idea the ref refused to go to VAR and only NBC (or whoever) was the only organisation to hear about it is absurd, if there was even a whiff of truth to it then you'd have had clickbaity trolls like talksport being all over it.

To drive engagement? The idea the ref refused to go to VAR and only NBC (or whoever) was the only organisation to hear about it is absurd, if there was even a whiff of truth to it then you'd have had clickbaity trolls like talksport being all over it.

which clickbaity trolls would get wind of it? talksport only do radio, they won't be getting that VAR feed most likely.

Maybe Robbie Earle is lying maybe Sky Sports are but why you would instantly choose to trust Sky Sports is beyond me. I'd rather wait to find out either way for sure. I definitely don't trust Michael Oliver and the Premier League because I have good reason not to. Neither have any integrity.

which clickbaity trolls would get wind of it? talksport only do radio, they won't be getting that VAR feed most likely.

Maybe Robbie Earle is lying maybe Sky Sports are but why you would instantly choose to trust Sky Sports is beyond me. I'd rather wait to find out either way for sure. I definitely don't trust Michael Oliver and the Premier League because I have good reason not to. Neither have any integrity.
NONE OF THEM would get that VAR feed, the whole "well I heard from someone" is really poor and done only to keep the conversation going after the match.

He should've started in cm ahead of Hodge if Ange was insistenton not starting either of Biss or Sarr. Give him and Maddison time on the pitch together finally and perhaps it could even bring some more out of Maddison again.
Well i was pondering Lo Celso instead of Madders, who's been totally out of form lately.

Gio has a good pass in him, and isn't afraid of shooting from distance(we're screaming for that at the moment.

Who's blamed the ref for the set pieces?
Look At Me GIF by CBeebies HQ

That tanned sissy White clearly pushed Vic for their third!

Sure they're not as credible as big Robbie Earl via some Aussie fan via some Reddit post.

Kind of sad how you just won't admit the story was BS, like Sky Sports wouldn't be all over a story about the ref refusing to go to VAR but would instead invent an alternative more mundane narrative not to mention even the more sensationalist sports rags didn't run anything on it.
Any other player in the Prem gets their heels clipped in the box and it's a stonewall pen. For you to think Spurs don't deserve one in such a scenario just shows you to be a bitter non-fan.

It's hard to understand why you apparently hate the team so much you think Kulu deserves less respect than a diving Saka.

Fuck off you fucking anti-Spurs loser.

Well i was pondering Lo Celso instead of Madders, who's been totally out of form lately.

Gio has a good pass in him, and isn't afraid of shooting from distance(we're screaming for that at the moment.
I know, I just think that with our current issues it might be even more beneficial to have two players capable of creating something in the side.

Even if only for a short stint in games, some overlap in their pitch time could be good for both of them.

I'm really surprised it hasn't happened at all, based on what was said about Ange prior to the season based on his history it seemed like we would be fielding two "8's" who would be attack minded.

Instead we have seen the continued involvement of Hojbjerg, and a midfield that has always consisted of a holder, a grafter, and one other.

The only time we played a midfield that didn't (and it was largely enforced by absences) was Villa at home with Bentancur, GLC, Kulusevski in the middle, we lost, but we played some beautiful football.

I wonder, had we kept faith with a midfield like that, what we would all be a saying right now.

BEEN saying this.

Goes for Spurs fans too who are pathetic now.

Romero and Bissouma pick up a couple of dodgy red cards when trying to be nasty to play against and all of a sudden these pathetic cowards in our fan base say they "let the team down".

If we want to win, we need to be able to win at the dark arts, whether the officials want to pick our players out for it or not. There is no question that a Spurs player doing what White did would have been penalized and that Kulusevski would have got a penalty if he was wearing red.

What's the answer? get smarter and nastier. How did Saka walk off that pitch? Officials need to understand that if they don't ref it both ways against us, all 11 players will start destroying the game with borderline fouls and starting fights at every set piece and corner. They can't send every player off so hound the official with all 11 players for every missed call.
Those red cards were bullshit, I couldn't believe the amount of people on here outraged at the players for that, you'd have thought they nearly amputated the opposition...

Bissouma barely flicked the Forest player, it was only the repeated, slowed down, from every angle TV treatment that made it look a bit bad.

Romero cleared the ball ffs and happened to touch Enzo with the follow through.

Neither opposition player was even slightly affected by the challenges either, which if they were so terrible you'd think they would have been.

Those red cards were bullshit, I couldn't believe the amount of people on here outraged at the players for that, you'd have thought they nearly amputated the opposition...

Bissouma barely flicked the Forest player, it was only the repeated, slowed down, from every angle TV treatment that made it look a bit bad.

Neither opposition player was even slightly affected by the challenges either, which if they were so terrible you'd think they would have been.

And mysteriously they have just stopped punishing the same type of fouls in the same way now.

Honestly the worst season of officiating for us that I’ve ever seen

And mysteriously they have just stopped punishing the same type of fouls in the same way now.

Honestly the worst season of officiating for us that I’ve ever seen
Not that long ago I swear they had a policy of only making rule changes in the off-season, and once a season started that was it, the rule stayed. Of course you always have the grey area of officials interpretation, or allowing leeway...

Then all of a sudden it just became open season on chopping and changing official rules during the season, seemed to start with that ridiculous Dier handball at home to Newcastle under Mourinho. Maybe they just made a rod for their own backs by making stupider and stupider amendments to the rules that they simply couldn't allow them to remain for whole seasons I don't know...

Just seems bullshit that you can be penalised for something early in the season, and then when the role is reversed later on in the campaign you don't benefit from the same stupid rule because it's been changed. So much for everything evening itself out eh??

Not that long ago I swear they had a policy of only making rule changes in the off-season, and once a season started that was it, the rule stayed. Of course you always have the grey area of officials interpretation, or allowing leeway...

Then all of a sudden it just became open season on chopping and changing official rules during the season, seemed to start with that ridiculous Dier handball at home to Newcastle under Mourinho. Maybe they just made a rod for their own backs by making stupider and stupider amendments to the rules that they simply couldn't allow them to remain for whole seasons I don't know...

Just seems bullshit that you can be penalised for something early in the season, and then when the role is reversed later on in the campaign you don't benefit from the same stupid rule because it's been changed. So much for everything evening itself out eh??

Like I said, I’m done with trying to hang onto any faith in the premier league or the PGMOL.

Point blank don’t trust any of them and I’m not spending a penny that goes to the premier league whilst they keep pulling shit like this and I’d hope there are a fair few Spurs fans like me. They can earn their money from woolwich and city fans if they want but not from me.

If they're all getting the feed why has nobody else mentioned the supposed fact that the ref went rogue?

That’s the same question as to why one of them did.

How many broadcasters actually pay for the VAR feed is a good question too because it’s likely a premium service with a meaty cost. Could even be only Sky, the odd US broadcaster and maybe BEIN or one from the Middle East but even then maybe they don’t pay for it because it’s only useful for their English language channel

I think we also need to consider how many other players were booked and then sent off as Bissouma was in the Luton away game.

If it has happened several times then fair enough, but I don’t recall seeing such stringent application of the rules this season elsewhere.

Since Pochettino’s season where we finished second (I felt we, Spurs, had good refereeing at that time), we’ve certainly not had the rub of the green from the officials.

Good thread, the underlying numbers from this match screams progress but the things that let us down are our weak spots - defending set pieces and transitions - The transitions thing will happen because we play so high but that Saka goal is preventable if Destiny is on the pitch for example, set pieces remain a worry but I think that will be focused on in pre season.

Back
Top Bottom