Tottenham U21's vs Chelsea U21's Info& Match Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are in April now :)

We are going to watch this one on TV but hoping to get to the match at WHL on April 17th v Liverpool. Going to be taking a few of our Under 10s along.

From what Ive heard about Winks he seems like a great Player. And I now remember he's been on the bench for a few first team games. Also I believe I came on in a Europa league group game.? Hopefully in our first team in a few years. And good luck to your son's team.:thumbup:
Thanks for the luck! We are off to Great Yarmouth for a football festival next week, it's the first for our young boys. :D

My son and I are new Spurs fans and myself brand new to even liking football lol but we are absolutely loving it now. Given the amount of academy players coming good this season, we are excited to see them come through and watch their matches too. Especially if we get to go to the Lane also!

It will be a pretty changed lineup from normal since a lot of our quality u18s who play why the u21s are off at that tournament in Bellinzona.

Our normal recent lineups was something like this:
[formation=4231, McGee, Walker-Peters, Khumalo, Carter-Vickers, Oglivie, Winks, Ward, McEvoy, Onomah, Miller, Coulthirst][/formation]

But KWP, CCV, Onomah are all at that tournament. Khumalo is loaned, Lamieras is gone. Coulthirst and Ward are on loan but I think as part of their loan they can come back and play u21 games as Coulthirst played recently against United hut these might be new loans. .

Just pure guess on Monday's team:

[formation=4231, McGee, Yedlin, McQueen, McEneff, Ogilvie, Winks, Lesniak, Ceballos, Miller, McEvoy, Akindanyi][/formation]

Definitely going to be a make shift side and nowhere near our best. However, Winks, Yedlin, Ogilvie and Miller are all worth watching and Ceballos, McEvoy, McQueen, and Lesniak are all solid and experienced players at that level. Probably wouldn't expect a win.

I won't claim much knowledge of the U21's, but there are plenty of very knowledgable posters that do - JDK JDK above is one but there are many more. You'll pick up who if you stick around.
I'll defo stick around. I been reading this site for almost two years just never bothered to register and post. And I usually listen to the podcast. Thanks for all you're help m8:thumbup:. :coys:

I won't claim much knowledge of the U21's, but there are plenty of very knowledgable posters that do - JDK JDK above is one but there are many more. You'll pick up who if you stick around.

Appreciate the kind words mate. You're plenty knowledge elsewhere to make up for any lack amongst youth teams.

Jan Bains Jan Bains this forum has tons of very smart and connected people regarding the youth team so I'm sure plenty of others will show up to drop the knowledge.

Thanks for the luck! We are off to Great Yarmouth for a football festival next week, it's the first for our young boys. :D

My son and I are new Spurs fans and myself brand new to even liking football lol but we are absolutely loving it now. Given the amount of academy players coming good this season, we are excited to see them come through and watch their matches too. Especially if we get to go to the Lane also!

I also try and get to many games I can, usually the big ones like this year I been to so far are Woolwich home and away, chelsea home and away, West Ham home and away and about 8 others. I generally go more away as I love the atmosphere. I also play on Sunday's which is why can't go some games. Enjoy your trip to Yarmouth and good luck. Sad to hear you can't attend any more first team games. But enjoy the youth matches.

Hopefully with the new stadium and our growing impressive academy. This is the start of a new era!

Match Details
Wheatsheaf Park (Staines) Monday 6th April
3:15pm Kickoff
Live on Bt Sport 1 (Coverage starts at 3pm)

I shall be attending my first U21 match on Monday. And I was just wandering who usually starts and who should I look out for? And...
Will Yedlin be playing?
Predicted Lineups?
Will our Defence cope without The legend that is Bongani Khumalo?
Will any Players from the u18 youth cup run be playing? e.g Onomah?
How Do the U21's usually play? (Tactically)

Anyone Here Going?
Tickets are £3 adults and £1 for OAP's, U16's and Disabled

If not will you be watching on Bt Sport 1?

This was my first Post btw.

Last edited:
Corrected. I also may attend that game depending on this game goes. Why not play Brad Friedel in goal as one of our overage players

Last edited:
Match Details
Wheatsheaf Park (Staines) Monday 6th April
3:15pm Kickoff
Live on Bt Sport 1 (Coverage starts at 3pm)

I shall be attending my first U21 match on Monday. And I was just wandering who usually starts and who should I look out for? And...
Will Yedlin be playing?
Predicted Lineups?
Will our Defence cope without The legend that is Bongani Khumalo?
Will any Players from the u18 youth cup run be playing? e.g Onomah?
How Do the U21's usually play? (Tactically)

Anyone Here Going?
Tickets are £3 adults and £1 for OAP's, U16's and Disabled

If not will you be watching on Bt Sport 1?

This was my first Post btw.

Welcome to the forum Jan - this thread might be of interest to you.

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/fo...ns-development-squad.283/page-139#post-761488

Thanks For the info:pochbye: Didn't know about the u18's tournament. Maybe we should play some of our first team backups like Friedel, Capoue and Kaboul as our 3 overage players? I looking forward to seeing Yedlin play and finally see Mcevoy live who I believe was touted as "baby bale" a year or two back.

I don't think there's any reason to play older players as the u21s are pretty much solely focused on player development rather than winning.

Yedlin and Winks will definitely be the two to watch as I think both next season will either be around the 1st team or get a quality loan out to a high championship or low premier league team.

McEvoy is a decent player but unfortunately all comparisons to Bale were based on the fact that they look similar rather than ability.

It's a shame that the u18s tournament corresponds with this game as for me the real exciting players for the future like Onomah, Walker-Peters, Carter-Vickers, Azzaoui, Amos, Maghoma, and Harrison are all gone with that group.

My son was lucky enough to the the Spurs Christmas party and his favourite player that he met was Harry Winks so I am really hoping that he gets to see him play. We won't be able to get to any more first team home games this year due to their own footy tournaments etc so will try and get to see as many of the youth games that we can that don't clash.

My son was lucky enough to the the Spurs Christmas party and his favourite player that he met was Harry Winks so I am really hoping that he gets to see him play. We won't be able to get to any more first team home games this year due to their own footy tournaments etc so will try and get to see as many of the youth games that we can that don't clash.
From what Ive heard about Winks he seems like a great Player. And I now remember he's been on the bench for a few first team games. Also I believe he came on in a Europa league group game.? Hopefully in our first team in a few years. And good luck to your son's team.:thumbup:

Last edited:
0-0 another boring game.. Not the most exciting weekends for Spurs..

Funniest moment of the game was the commentators speaking about how Mourinho gives youngsters a chance..
Yeah what an absolute twat. Somehow letting youngsters train with the first team yet never play is giving them a chance. He might want to look at the team in white.

It will be a pretty changed lineup from normal since a lot of our quality u18s who play why the u21s are off at that tournament in Bellinzona.

Our normal recent lineups was something like this:
[formation=4231, McGee, Walker-Peters, Khumalo, Carter-Vickers, Oglivie, Winks, Ward, McEvoy, Onomah, Miller, Coulthirst][/formation]

But KWP, CCV, Onomah are all at that tournament. Khumalo is loaned, Lamieras is gone. Coulthirst and Ward are on loan but I think as part of their loan they can come back and play u21 games as Coulthirst played recently against United hut these might be new loans. .

Just pure guess on Monday's team:

[formation=4231, McGee, Yedlin, McQueen, McEneff, Ogilvie, Winks, Lesniak, Ceballos, Miller, McEvoy, Akindanyi][/formation]

Definitely going to be a make shift side and nowhere near our best. However, Winks, Yedlin, Ogilvie and Miller are all worth watching and Ceballos, McEvoy, McQueen, and Lesniak are all solid and experienced players at that level. Probably wouldn't expect a win.
Thanks For the info:pochbye: Didn't know about the u18's tournament. Maybe we should play some of our first team backups like Friedel, Capoue and Kaboul/Chiriches as our 3 overage players? I looking forward to seeing Yedlin play and finally see Mcevoy live who I believe was touted as "baby bale" a year or two back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom