Tottenham v Barnsley in the whatever it's called cup!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

10,000. No way. This is an ideal fixture for families to go to and all those who complain footy is prohibitively expensive, so I'd expect around 30,000 +

If I had two/three+ kids I'd def take them along. There's not much 'entertainment' you can get for £5 these days (and £10 for adults)
Got tickets for missus and two kids could have basically chosen to sit anywhere we wanted, wouldn't be surprised if it's not far off 10,000's

Ticket for a tenner. Yes please.

--------------------------Vorm----------------------------
Trippier---Foyth---Vertonghen---Walker-Peters
-------------------Winks------Sissoko-----------------
Edwards---------------Dele---------------N'Koudou
-----------------------Llorente---------------------------

Straight from Poch's mouth: Edwards will not be involved in this game. Not considered physically ready. Winks, Oakley-Booth and GKN will all most likely be involved

3 home games in a week was always going to be tough with Wembley rinsing people of their cash and if it seems quiet with 65k in there then 20-30k will be god awful. Hopefully we get to 20k but I won't be too surprised if we don't.

It's pretty simple though. Before at 36k the only chance for some to see Spurs was often games like this.

Now you can see Spurs every home game if you wish so there is no real demand for these games even at low low prices.
And families would easily have dropped at least £200+ on Spurs in the last week before this game.

I'm actually quite excited to see GKN play. If he is given a proper chance and some confidence we might see what our scouting team originally saw in him.

If you're not physically ready to get some sort of minutes against Barnsley, when are you ready!?

Once he puts on some mass.

Edwards is a tiny guy so that is the most logical answer. Poch wants him to bulk up before he considers throwing him in against physical first team players.

Once he puts on some mass.

Edwards is a tiny guy so that is the most logical answer. Poch wants him to bulk up before he considers throwing him in against physical first team players.
I don't think it's that. My guess would be he wants him to press. Something I've never seen him do for prolonged periods, by that I mean for more than 10 mins per game.

I don't think it's that. My guess would be he wants him to press. Something I've never seen him do for prolonged periods, by that I mean for more than 10 mins per game.
I could see it being a bit of both. Kid looks so small. He could do with adding a couple of pounds just for his own sake when it comes to taking tackles.

Edwards is never gonna to play for us again is he?

:dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol:

Training with the first team over a year. Never heard of a gym and still physically weak. Amazing.

I hope Poch is just trolling like he did with KWP before starting him against Newcastle.

Training with the first team over a year. Never heard of a gym and still physically weak. Amazing.

I hope Poch is just trolling like he did with KWP before starting him against Newcastle.
Some people just struggle to bulk. I personally know two professional hockey players (two brothers) who have that problem. It took the older guy 3 years to bulk up sufficiently for the Nashville Predators to actually bring him over to the states. And the younger brother has to hit a "goal weight" before being brought over by Vancouver.

He is seventeen mate and just signed a new deal, plenty of time. If there is one thing Poch is the best at more than anything else it is evaluating long players (maybe developing world class full backs too).

I could see it being a bit of both. Kid looks so small. He could do with adding a couple of pounds just for his own sake when it comes to taking tackles.
Not for me, being small I see him using this to his advantage, he's a low centre of gravity he uses this to dribble past oppo like he's not there, so many twists and turns. Also once he's in the box no defender can touch him for fear of giving away a pen, more weight/bulk will dent his greatest asset.

I'm guessing of course but Poch's forwards press, Edwards doesn't. To press you have to be "physically fit" which is how I interpret what he's saying. Not get bigger.

Back
Top Bottom