TOTTENHAM V red scum plastic wankers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SOUTH LONDON SCUM ,COMING TO A CHIN NEAR YOU CUNTS,ENJOY THE HIGH ROAD .!!!!!!!
knockout.gif

So back to the action after the inactivity of the transfer window.

(That Was The Week That Wasn't to paraphrase a famous 60s show.)

Fantastic news :thumbup: that we're all fit and ready to go.

Lloris; Walker Faz Verts Rose; Stambo Dembo Rambo :kaneshh: Eriksen Mason

But who is the mystery man? the missing piece from the jigsaw box?

That my dear reader, I cannot tell, for I know not myself.

Probably Mr Dolphin, Perhaps AT, EL, NB .... Too hard for a mere mortal like myself to decide. I leave it to the chosen one :pochfacepalm:

As for the outcome, an Woolwich win is the shortest priced option

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/tottenham-v-Woolwich/winner

BUT
Sanchez out for them is a great boost for us

And finally some fascinating facts from Opta

• Spurs have lost just one of their last six Premier League home games against North London rivals Woolwich (W3 D2 L1).
  • Theo Walcott has scored four and assisted three goals in his last six Barclays Premier League appearances against Tottenham.
  • Emmanuel Adebayor has scored more goals in North London derbies than any other player (10 - eight for Woolwich, two for Spurs). Adebayor is one of only two players to score for both sides in a North London derby along with Jimmy Robertson.
  • Spurs and Woolwich have drawn 18 times in the Premier League, making it the most drawn fixture in the history of the competition.
  • Tottenham have kept just one clean sheet in their last 32 Premier League matches against the Gunners.
  • Woolwich have not managed back to back away wins in the Premier League this season and have only managed it once since January 2014.
  • Tottenham have conceded the most penalties in the Premier League (6) while Woolwich have won the most (6).
  • Olivier Giroud has scored five goals in his last six Premier League appearances.
  • David Ospina has as many clean sheets in the Premier League this season as Wojciech Szczesny (3).
  • Spurs are unbeaten in their last six Premier League home matches (W4 D2).
So annoying about those penalties, especially the one v Palace, we WUZ robbed I tells ya.

Oh and :coys:

Last edited:
Has to be:
[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Eriksen, Dembele, Chadli, Kane][/formation]

I think it has to be Stambo in the team,because I'm a big fan of his. We'll see come the day.:thumbup:

A quick look at http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Tottenham_Hotspur_Minutes_2014-15.html suggests we have only lost one game in 20 when Benji has played. Although I might have gone cross-eyed scanning from player mins to result. (Definitely not 20/20 vision :confused:)

Certainly the emergence of Stambouli has been a factor in our improved results, as have of course many others in the team that are in practically every formation chosen in this thread.

Last edited:
I am torn between Dier and Fazio, one has the experience but the other is somewhat quicker which might help with Walcott. Rest of the team seems almost picks it's self. Dembele could be crucial for us providing the muscle to hold the ball high up the pitch under pressue which is a weakness of Eriksen.

We absolutely cannot put Eriksen out on the right. I'd rather drop Dembele than play Eriksen on the right.

He would not play on the right though as such, our system is effectively three number 10's all rotating and I would not drop Dembele for this, in his proper position of AM he offers great power.

We absolutely cannot put Eriksen out on the right. I'd rather drop Dembele than play Eriksen on the right.

He's not actually going to play on the right, just like he doesn't actually play on the left. Putting Eriksen into a spot in the formation is just for simplicity purposes. He doesn't play with a real position on the field, he floats around as do Chadli and Dembele.

Dembeles had 2 decent games in AM and suddenly he's undroppable. Those games were against Sheffield united and West Brom.

But what are the alternatives? Townsend and Lamela? I'd trust Dembele over them regardless of recent form. Could play three in the midfield with Stambouli-Bentaleb-Mason but then you clog the space centrally for Eriksen and Chadli and they actually have to play much more wide.

Dembeles had 2 decent games in AM and suddenly he's undroppable. Those games were against Sheffield united and West Brom.

We have used Dembele almost entirely out of position since he came here as a DM, he was an AM at Fulham, then because of injuries Fulham moved him to DM towards the end of his time there and when we bought him for some odd reason we continued playing him out of position, what makes him good 30-40 yards out from goal such as his ability to keep the ball under pressure, ride challenges makes him very annoying further back as he spends all day on the ball before releasing.

He is in very good form, being played in his correct position and he offer something that the likes of Eriksen and Chaldi don't offer, maybe he doesn't play to well on Sat then we substitute him. Right now though I believe he deserves his place.

Sorry if already posted, but:
Opening times for the Spurs pubs on Saturday?

I'd also like to know the answer to this. I don't have tickets but was thinking about going up and watching the game around the stadium. Only been to the pubs for prematch drinks, anyone know what the good ones are for watching it on TV. I know people were saying the Bill Nick for the cup final, same tomorrow?

So many people leaving Lamela out of their lineups and I have no idea why. Kane in front of Eriksen, Chadli and Lamela is a magnificient combination of creativity and energy.

Not to mention the fact that Lamela loves to get stuck in which will help in a game like this, and he never stops running. No way should we be shoe-horning Dembele into the lineup just because he has looked decent at #10 against a couple of weak sides.

But what are the alternatives? Townsend and Lamela? I'd trust Dembele over them regardless of recent form. Could play three in the midfield with Stambouli-Bentaleb-Mason but then you clog the space centrally for Eriksen and Chadli and they actually have to play much more wide.
Chadli on the left, Eriksen in the middle, Lamela on the right. is the obvious alternative. I'd back Lamela to score long before i back Dembele. Either will do. Both capable of playing wide right and coming inside too.
My original point was that Eriksen is better coming in from the left if not centrally. He tends to prefer his right foot so by having him on the right, he's forced down thing and just crossing in. He's been our most influential player of late, we need to utilise his ability.
You say it'll be free etc but all three cant just roam around aimlessly, that leaves holes all over the place. And leaves us exposed defensively. With Lamela and Chadli in the wide positions, its far more natural for them to then come inside and for eriksen to occupy the space, with Rose and Walker over lapping. But then we do lose Dembeles ability to hold onto the ball and go past players.
In my opinion, Mason and either stambouli or bentaleb need to start deep, and eriksen and kane need to start up top. That just leaves 2 places for Dembele, Chadli, Lamela or far less likely but still a possibility... Townsend.

Personally id leave Townsend for later on to run at tired legs. Especially if Mertastatue is playing.

I don't know what the answer is and i haven't watched Woolwich enough recently to know what their strengths and weaknesses are. Just food for thought. Its all irrelevant discussion anyway.

Back
Top Bottom