Tottenham v West Ham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hahahahahahaha, are you serious? What on earth has he done to gain such a high score? (note: "getting forward", "big engine" and "being involved" don't count)

There seems to be some surreal attempt to rewrite reality with Sissoko and his complete lack of footballing skill, it's the weirdest thing. If he played for any other team you'd be Laughing Out Loud Out Loud Out Loud at how all-round useless he is.

If many of our players played for other teams, I'd be laughing at how quite a few of them look quite poor outside of a Pochettino machine in all honesty.

Sissoko has been fine. No worse than the likes of Dier and Dembele have been in central midfield this season. Statistically our best central midfielder actually, but stats aren't everything of course.

Problem is lamela is coming back after a year out and played on Tuesday night. Poch clearly does not rate nkoudou, him and sisokko need removing ASAP.
The problem is that there was a chronic lack of investment in the summer. Everyone else got better and Spurs regressed. It’s not Lamela it’s this guy who needs to answer for his hands being sat on. :levystare:

Against teams like this work rate is not something we need. Lamela would have been a better choice to start. Everything generally went down the left for 70+ mins. Once lamela came on there was another option and it's unlucky we didn't win that. Please sissoko be injured or something. I can only imagine he is being played to minimise the obvious loss we will suffer on him when he is inevitably sold.

We did way too much tippy tally bullshit around the box in central areas looking for passes that just weren't there, Lamela would just have done even more of that. In games like this you to get shots off and quality crosses in. We didn't do enough of that, and neither are things Lamela excels at.

Swansea, West Brom, now West Ham. That’s 6 points dropped against teams at home against clubs fighting relegation. 8 points if you include Burnley, which I do, because they are shit.

We should be two points clear of United in 2nd, but now we are solidly 5th.

How many more times do we need to keep doing the same thing against teams that put 10 behind the ball before Poch realizes that if it isn’t working early in the match that we need to make impact subs early in the 2nd. Lamela and Wanyama had less than 20 minutes to make an impact. Llorente came on in the 81st minute!

Players need to play with more pace, but it’s Poch’s job to ready the squad for the opponent’s tactics and time and time again this season he hasn’t when we are facing this type of opposition.

Frustrating.

Suffering for all the Internet chat earlier in the season that Mike Dean supported Spurs. He will not give us any decisions unless they are very clear cut or given by Linesman. Anything that could possibly be used against him will not be given in our favour. Hope he does not ref the NLD as Wenger on his case and yet Poch never criticises Refs.

It's the new West Ham way....11 behind the ball. That's progression for you. They must be so happy.

Its funny plenty of Hammers I know were telling me we'd be skint paying for a new stadium they would have the best stadium in the world and were the team everyone feared now , now they are swelling with pride to have a shot on target and desperately hang on for a draw.

But that’s the point being made here, this isn’t a new tactic here and yet we are not adapting to it. And it is is costing us, we are bleeding points because of it.

I know it’s not new but it is very effective having two banks of four defenders strung out on the edge of your penalty area with another dropping back with just one up front

Add to that a fluke goal that came from nowhere and two realistic penalty claims turned down by that little weasel and you could say that we were desperately unlucky although I concede we could have played better

Swansea, West Brom, now West Ham. That’s 6 points dropped against teams at home against clubs fighting relegation. 8 points if you include Burnley, which I do, because they are shit.

We should be two points clear of United in 2nd, but now we are solidly 5th.

How many more times do we need to keep doing the same thing against teams that put 10 behind the ball before Poch realizes that if it isn’t working early in the match that we need to make impact subs early in the 2nd. Lamela and Wanyama had less than 20 minutes to make an impact. Llorente came on in the 81st minute!

Players need to play with more pace, but it’s Poch’s job to ready the squad for the opponent’s tactics and time and time again this season he hasn’t when we are facing this type of opposition.

Frustrating.

But Man Utd have dropped points 4 points at home to Burnley and Southampton - so we wouldn't be above them.

Chelsea also dropped 3 points at home to Burnley, so we wouldn't be above them either.

It's happened to everyone (bar City).

I know it’s not new but it is very effective having two banks of four defenders strung out on the edge of your penalty area with another dropping back with just one up front

Add to that a fluke goal that came from nowhere and two realistic penalty claims turned down by that little weasel and you could say that we were desperately unlucky although I concede we could have played better
No other club in the top 6 has this tactic deployed as often and as effectively as it is against Spurs. Yes, it is difficult, but it just keeps happening over and over this year because it works and all these little clubs want from us is a point and we seem obliged to give it to them.

Spurs take joint most points with the best goal difference from the 4 games over Xmas than any other club.

Think it was us, Liverpool and City on 10 points - done well.

Didn't lose any ground on Liverpool but gained 2 points on Chelsea and about 4 or so on United, I believe?

Fixtures are friendly to us in the second half of the season.

Back
Top Bottom