Tottenham v West Ham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He played as a HOLDING MID, he performed in this role, his job was to be the deepest player on the pitch, deeper than Dier!! His performed in this role, covering Aurier whilst he attacked, he linked with Aurier (mostly) which allowed Aurier to get forward. He misplaced ONE pass all night, made all his tackles, and re-circulated the ball (as is request by all our DM’s when performing that role). Dier missplaced more passes who was also playing DM.

If he was playing in goal would you be starting him for not getting behind the defensive block of WH? Or would you expect him to remain between the posts?
I know what position he was supposed to be filling. He wasn't given anything to do all night and he still managed to look worse than Charlie Adam.
I'm not complaining that he didn't take on and beat players, or that he didn't score or carve out chances.
I'm pointing out that everything he did when he was on the ball was second or third division standard. To be fair to the guy, I think he performs better under pressure, but even then it's always rough as old boots.
I don't have favourite footballers - I'm not a 14 year old. I can see when players can perform and when they don't however.
Finally, I am not blaming him for the fact that we didn't win, simply pointing out the paucity of his performance.

I thought Lamela was shit for two years and conceded
I conceded on Deles attitude and desire
I didnt rate Poch in the beginning
I thought Kane was shit
I didnt want Sanchez

Its not a problem for me Mick. Its all there, so keep that post in your wank bank and try harder next time
You think Sissoko is a footballer as well.
You probably need to find a sport you can actually understand.

BBC call it a "West Ham defensive masterclass"

I'd call it the death of a football team.

_99472088_averagepositions.png

Smaller teams will always come to frustrate and and play for the point, as if they come to play football they will loose, maybe some how the PL proze money needs to get split up depending how many games you win, as this will be the death of football, granted it is up to us to find a way through a parked bus, but it doesn't make for great football!

I know what position he was supposed to be filling. He wasn't given anything to do all night and he still managed to look worse than Charlie Adam.
I'm not complaining that he didn't take on and beat players, or that he didn't score or carve out chances.
I'm pointing out that everything he did when he was on the ball was second or third division standard. To be fair to the guy, I think he performs better under pressure, but even then it's always rough as old boots.
I don't have favourite footballers - I'm not a 14 year old. I can see when players can perform and when they don't however.
Finally, I am not blaming him for the fact that we didn't win, simply pointing out the paucity of his performance.
What exactly were you expecting from him playing in this position to do? What did he do on the ball that was second or third division standard?

You think Sissoko is a footballer as well.
You probably need to find a sport you can actually understand.
So does Pochettino though Mick...he's paid 90k a week isn't he?

You think you know more than Poch, by your own outlook. It's embarrassing that you keep it up.

Do you think Poch is as clueless as me?
Can you explain why he keeps picking him?

I expect some nonsense about trying to keep his value up, but the simple answer is that Poch plays NOBODY he doesn't rate.

Lol, does it hurt you that you have to say you disagree with the manager

What exactly were you expecting from him playing in this position to do? What did he do on the ball that was second or third division standard?
He's judged on what he doesn't do that's the problem.

It's Carrick/Jenas syndrome. Even Modric at the start......

He's told to do what he does, then vilified because he's not Gattuso

Sorry. But no he didnt
List the things, pointless having a conversation with someone not putting anything to support your argument. I've made several posts explaining what i saw and why I think what I think. All you have done is say someone was shit, was 2nd or third tier footballer level, and say "he didn't" without giving ONE single thing to back up any of your assertions. Do this Mick, or am I debating with a 6 year old?

Passing and ball control, passing decision making.
However, he knows he's a bad passer so keep his offload down to minimal distance. He offloads to players who are under instant pressure and because of his poor control ends up being tackled or put under intense pressure immediately after the ball gets to him.
I also get the impression, but can't prove it, that other players see him in space and look elsewhere, only releasing to him when out of options

So does Pochettino though Mick...he's paid 90k a week isn't he?

You think you know more than Poch, by your own outlook. It's embarrassing that you keep it up.

Do you think Poch is as clueless as me?
Can you explain why he keeps picking him?

I expect some nonsense about trying to keep his value up, but the simple answer is that Poch plays NOBODY he doesn't rate.

Lol, does it hurt you that you have to say you disagree with the manager
I just said I disagreed with him. Stop being such a tosser.
I said I would have taken Sissoko and Dier off in the first half

List the things, pointless having a conversation with someone not putting anything to support your argument. I've made several posts explaining what i saw and why I think what I think. All you have done is say someone was shit, was 2nd or third tier footballer level, and say "he didn't" without giving ONE single thing to back up any of your assertions. Do this Mick, or am I debating with a 6 year old?
It's Sammy who calls footballers shit. Not me.

He played DM, he performed a DM role (did it better than Dier, who miss placed more of his passes). He did exactly what Winks has done recently in this role, probably better defensively than him two (made more tackles).

Not saying he’s a great player. Just judging his role last night, that’s it. He performed his role, did what Poch wanted. The problem was having two DM’s.
Dier tried to pass the ball to players who were more than 5 yards away

I just said I disagreed with him. Stop being such a tosser.
I said I would have taken Sissoko and Dier off in the first half
So you think you know more than Poch

It riles you that I keep asking you that. And it must grate knowing that I wouldnt keep saying it if you didn't do the exact same to me over Dele.

A tip. Have a logical conclusion to your views, because what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

You should know by know I don't forget, and will rub your hypocrisy in your face til the end of time. Think about that next time you want to slate me for something, then exhibit the same behavior

Im not denying anything, I actually stand for my opinions you wishy washy twerp.

We had 30 shots, one went in, so yes the collective attack is more responsible than Sissoko for not scoring more goals, ergo, winning the match.
An the manager is more responsible than Sissoko, because even by your flawed and pathetic logic, it was he who picked Sissoko, and then played him for three quarters of the game.
You talk about the forwards failure as if there weren't ten WH players in the box for most of the game. I think your logic is so weak it's actually laughable.

Where have I been proven wrong though?
Was Dele benched? Yes....yes he was, and he immediately improved after. Imagine that. Dele was benched, and it done him good. Who was wrong again....? haha

And who is wrong on Sissoko?

Ive said he´s limited, but does his job, get ott critique and the manager trusts him and plays him.
Is that wrong?

Not really is it, sounds pretty accurate, especially when he played 70 minutes away to Madrid in our most professional performance under Pochs entire reign
He doesn’t improve the team and offers nothing - you’re only defending him to troll. Don’t see you sticking up for any other players. Classic Sammy troll

I thought Lamela was shit for two years and conceded
I conceded on Deles attitude and desire
I didnt rate Poch in the beginning
I thought Kane was shit
I didnt want Sanchez

Its not a problem for me Mick. Its all there, so keep that post in your wank bank and try harder next time
You’ve never conceded on those points - just made excuses

Passing and ball control, passing decision making.
However, he knows he's a bad passer so keep his offload down to minimal distance. He offloads to players who are under instant pressure and because of his poor control ends up being tackled or put under intense pressure immediately after the ball gets to him.
I also get the impression, but can't prove it, that other players see him in space and look elsewhere, only releasing to him when out of options
He misplaced ONE pass all night!!!!! Joint highest pass completion for fuck sake. He wasn't disposed ONCE last night, NOT ONCE! (He also won EVERY tackle). It's up to the person receiving the ball to control and do something with the ball, it matters not if they are under pressure but please do give me a specific of this from last night. His passes were simple and sideways, THAT"S THE ROLE OF A DM, re-cycling the ball, think to Winks he does exactly this a big part of the role is to keep the ball moving and switching it side to side, he did this ALL NIGHT. He linked ALL night with Aurier, which directly contributed to Aurier being our best player on the park last night, so again I disagree 100% with the guesswork on players not passing to him. Utter rubbish mate, you are making it up.

Again I stress, I don't rate him as a player, never have. BUT judging him on the role he was asked to perform last night.

Back
Top Bottom