Tottenham Vs Leeds, Sat 2nd Jan 2021 - KO 12:30.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Received a private message from matspur asking me to accept his apologies for his language towards me during the game.
I said, listen son, you're a wee laddie and it's ok to get emotional in the game.
No hard feelings. One Spurs. I think this is how we should all go into 2021.

That game was perfect for Mourinho's style of play but we looked far more attacking today and far more comfortable defensively (it wasn't just backs against the wall). Leeds are a good team so this was definitely a good result.

I don't dispute that.
What isn't clear is why we didn't.
Was it Jose?
Was it the players?
Was it the opposition not allowing it?

I don't think the same applies to each of the games we dropped points in.
IMO, bad luck against Liverpool and Palace. Some dodgy shooting and a 10/10 keeper performance was the difference between 1 point and 6 there.
Leicester was shocking. They weren't good and that's what bugged me the most. We handed them 3 points on a plate with a complimentary drink on the house.
Wolves barely troubled our goal until they scored but we really should have had more of a go, especially in the first half.
Was very interesting after the game when Jose said he didn't tell them to do that.
Who knows? But in general mourinho is way more of a defensive manager which has a lot of pro's like when we play top teams. But also con's when we don't attack enough against lesser teams. It can't be proven 100% if it is mourinho or the players. But I think mourinho based on the evidence.
Or else we can say mourinho wanted us to be attacking against city but the players decided to be defensive instead. So they get all the plaudits for that victory.
But again, I think that was mourinho setting the team out that way.
You can't prove it 100% but its the most likely outcome.
I can't get on board the Mourinho masterclass if we win, players not listening to mourinho if we don't.

As much as Winks does need replacing, him starting today ahead of Sissoko was a brilliant choice by Jose.

He has exactly the kind of quick, if somewhat safe, passing and engine needed to handle Leeds.

There really is such a black or white attitude with some fans when it comes to stats.
You can have very little of the ball but do infinitely more with it when you have it.
Teams may have the ball more than us at the moment, but this season, when did anyone truly have a lot of decent chances against us?
I personally think Leicester was our worst performance and they only scored due to a brainfart penalty and an own goal.

I'd rather watch us have 30% and win 3-0 than than have 70% and loss 3-0

That Guardian article (though old) is pretty current in as much as it states that "possession has become almost as important as scoring" which is where the mindset of the MSM seem to fall.

I seem to remember many articles referring to Woolwich "boring, boring football" when they were collecting trophies for fun.

Received a private message from matspur asking me to accept his apologies for his language towards me during the game.
I said, listen son, you're a wee laddie and it's ok to get emotional in the game.
Nice to see you kept it private then, and just between the two of you, eh?
Heaven forbid you would share a private message on here for all to see!

Nice one Vincent!

As much as Winks does need replacing, him starting today ahead of Sissoko was a brilliant choice by Jose.

He has exactly the kind of quick, if somewhat safe, passing and engine needed to handle Leeds.

He's not good enough.

Stevie Wonder could see that.

Forget the length of service and loyalty of the player and see beyond that. If sentimentality won Championships we would rule the Premier League by a Country mile.

Did Fergie think about Beckham, Butt, Ince and Neville when he got rid of them?.

He's not good enough.

Stevie Wonder could see that.

Forget the length of service and loyalty of the player and see beyond that. If sentimentality won Championships we would rule the Premier League by a Country mile.

Did Fergie think about Beckham, Butt, Ince and Neville when he got rid of them?.
"As much as Winks does need replacing"

Cheers mate
Ha, knew you'd see the funny side... love you, Sausage Vincent, my good man!
newmarket-bread.jpg

is
is

Err what private message was that? I think you need serious help mate. What a strange chap you are!!! You called me a cunt because I mentioned that I didn’t think much of Hoddle’s commentary yesterday- a point several others made and I am supposed to apologise to you. I have sparred with many people on here mainly in good fun but you are the first to demand an apology when it was you who initially swore at me. And to top it off you pretend that you received a private message from me to try to get people thinking you have the moral high ground.
So come on then Walter Mitty produce the private message I sent you ya clown!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom