Tottenham Vs Liverpool - Sat 11th Jan 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can’t remember if it was home or away, but it was roughly a couple of years ago. Winks played on the right of a middle 3, and was awful. Possibly the game at Anfield where they scored late to win 1-0.

If we rule out players that have had shit games against Liverpool it's going to be you & me in a double pivot.

I think shoving Winks out to the 8 would do him a favour, and as Totti said, he was very good in a Cm3 the last time we beat them.

Possibly. I remember Winks on the right in a centre 3 against Liverpool, and he was annihilated. It stuck in my head because it was the first time he looked really poor.

Sounds about right. We played Dembele holding in that game for some reason with Dier more advanced next to Winks and it made no sense.

Liverpool play with a lot of width. First time crosses from the full backs and, darting runs of Mane and Salah.

Aurier will have a tough day against Mane.

I cannot imagine we will want to play Jan against Salah; which means we may see Rose get a run out.

My expectation is that Liverpool will want to press the crap out of us and keep the ball in our half of the pitch. Any long balls swept up by Matip and VVD. There is no chance in hell we will be able to play around their press so, if you can't beat em' join em.

Drop back, let them press and play long balls. We aren't blessed with anyone who can beat VVD/Matip in the air; so balls out to the flanks with Son/Moura running onto them. Any balls down the middle and Alli to draw a foul. If we continue this; Pool will be forced to have their full backs or midfield drop a little to cover any runs.

GAZ
Aurier - Toby - Sanchez - Rose
Dier - Eriksen - Lamela
Moura - Alli - Son

Need to play a deep line. Norwich, Southampton and Middlesbrough exposed us with a simple ball over the top and they didn't even have fast clinical strikers.

People see the Liverpool fullbacks get up and down putting crosses in, but quite a few of their goals come from long balls by their CBs. See Mane goal against wolves as an example. So pressure on the CB by whoever plays up front for us is key.

7JvTniY.png

Subs: Vorm, Foyth, KWP, Skipp, Winks, Lamela, Lo Celso
Injured: Lloris, Davies, Rose, Ndombele, Sissoko, Kane

Not with fighters like Lamela and Lo Celso starting instead of putting Eriksen CM
You are probably right . It looks weak at CM with Eriksen not wanting to tackle and Dier too immobile to tackle. Better off Starting Skipp and Locelso in the middle and Lamela instead of Alli. But Mourinho loves Mr. Cant Play and Mr. Wont Play.

Drop dele for GLC and drop Erisken for Lamela , tempted to bring in rose as well as Sessengon aint a left back and Jan is to slow for this game to play left back

Back
Top Bottom