Tottenham Vs Liverpool - Sat 11th Jan 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WTF since when did gary neville become a cheerleader for the scouse?
These guys just blow with the wind. They have no real opinion. Last year it was all about City. They are biased towards whomever is doing the best. If it was Norwich, you'd hear the same. Once the shine goes off Liverpool, it'll be someone else. Bunch of people who can't play anymore basking in self perceived reflected glory.

We are a team that have turned losing into the norm

21 defeats in 60 games is absolutely farcical

And people still claim we are better than we were in 2013/14

This is the worst spurs side in at least 15 years and the stats must back that up

Bit random. Can't say I've seen that claim specifically...

[EDIT] A melty twat who "doesn't care anymore" disagrees from his own puddle of misery.... What a winner!

Last edited:
What?
His "golden" chance had the worlds best defender all over it.
He did well to get to it, let alone score.
He played well with the small of mount of ball he received

I don't think he had a good game overall. That miss aside, he didn't bring much to our attack. Or that's the way I see it anyway.

Over the years, he played some brilliant games for us and was average in others. You can't expect someone to perform in every single game. I'm sure we'll see better from him in the next games.

I think you missed my point... Indeed GLC is NOT youth. I'm very much saying that.

The context is that the guy said "GLC did not start because JM doesn't play youth". This very game shines all sorts of light on the flaws of that statement.

I'm not saying that playing Tanganga is a testament to Jose being 'youth friendly'; just that the explanation given wasn't the reason GLC did not start today.
Disregard my previous post. And totally agree with you. Dele and your favorite CE were the reasons GLC didn't start.

This is the issue for me.
We have gone backwards so much. We used to press and swarm, we denied space and moved the ball forward with purpose down the flanks and against a press. Exactly what the dippers do now. Now we have injuries, we have aged, our replacements have either been non-existent or generally lesser but we are where we are. We need to use GLC and, whilst he remains fit, Coco. I think Eriksen has played his last game for us and that makes me sad that his form is so poor. Lucas seemed to be the only player with the sense of urgency we needed. I don’t see how Mourinho can do anything without a few new faces.

We are a team that have turned losing into the norm

21 defeats in 60 games is absolutely farcical

And people still claim we are better than we were in 2013/14

This is the worst spurs side in at least 15 years and the stats must back that up
We've finished 6th, 8th, 9th, and 11th all in the past 15 years. Easy on the hyperbole. We've certainly been better, but we have certainly been worse.

Can you believe the shit Sky come up with

Salah gets an 8...was he there?
Perhaps it was for a different game? If our players are all 5s and 6s, then so are Liverpool’s. They weren’t all that at all, and their defenders made more mistakes than ours.

I think these rating a were written before the game (or by Jamie Carragher).

Back
Top Bottom