Tottenham Vs Liverpool - Sat 11th Jan 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We played well today, just no cutting edge up front or composed finishing.
My main point from that game is how Robertson was still on the pitch despite the studs-up challenge on Tanganga (who was great today by the way) and then leaving the boot in on Alderweireld.
How can those incidents be allowed to pass despite the use of VAR for nearly everything else?
As an aside, the goal also hit off Dele’s arm. May sound petty, but isn’t any goal scored when the ball has touched a hand meant to be disallowed?
I don’t often bleat about decisions as we’re usually bad enough to have been beaten fairly, but I don’t think that was the case today.
And as mentioned, Japhet Tanganga, well done sir
Yes, I remember screaming VAR on at least 3 occasions.

You have to realise how much prestige it brings the PL. That's what they care about and bugger the notion of fair play.
Do you feel cheated? I think there's a couple of yellows that could've been shown earlier and that's because I am biased.

Cheated? No. We missed our chances. They didn't.

Son was sent off against Chelsea for less than either of the Robertson incidents.
Today isn’t the first time VAR has been kind to them
I have to disagree. The Tanganga one was the top of the foot and was a yellow.

The Alderweireld one was nothing, a bit late and he pulled out. Toby was up and playing within seconds.

The Son one was too harsh - predicated by immense over reaction in a deliberate attempt to affect the outcome. That should not mean that it becomes the rule.

Compare that to the PEA one today which was not intended but was clearly reckless and above the ankle.

I have to disagree. The Tanganga one was the top of the foot and was a yellow.

The Alderweireld one was nothing, a bit late and he pulled out. Toby was up and playing within seconds.

The Son one was too harsh - predicated by immense over reaction in a deliberate attempt to affect the outcome. That should not mean that it becomes the rule.

Compare that to the PEA one today which was not intended but was clearly reckless and above the ankle.
thumbnail

Same as the PEA earlier today that was reviewed by VAR and a straight red given.

Martin Tyler called himself (and Neville) "neutrals". But this neutral screamed "YES!" for Liverpool's goal.

Sky cannot even pretend to hide their bias.
Hilarious wasn't it. Maybe not hilarious but so obviously a fan shouting "Yes" out of relief rather than actually commentating.

Or maybe it was the sheer amount of Klopp jism coming out of his nose that made it sound that way.

thumbnail

Same as the PEA earlier today that was reviewed by VAR and a straight red given.
I think those shot came as his foot came up from Tanganga's boot and the movement of the leg is backwards. If that's a downward action then its a broken leg and of course a Red.

Could be wrong. Either way, it wasn't punished and that is definitely wrong.

thumbnail

Probably won’t even get mentioned on MOTD - did anyone struggle through the Sky after match? Did they discuss how lucky he was to still be on the pitch?

oh, and did anyone notice how TAA (best RB in world (TM)) was pretty invisible?

Back
Top Bottom