Tottenham Vs Red Star - 22nd Oct 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He cannot even get on the bench. I don't think he's been bad at all for us this year. Very bizarre.
He's nowhere near good enough. Decent dribbler, that's honestly all he offers. Not athletic enough to get up and down the pitch, bang average crosser, liable to get bullied defensively.

Don't get me wrong, Aurier is not good enough either. But this narrative that KWP hasn't gotten a fair chance is just bollocks. He's a lower table/championship level right back.

Think I'll tune into BT early and catch the traditional Harry Kane should leave for trophies debate...

Edit: There's no Rio...what a disappointment...

Last edited:
He's nowhere near good enough. Decent dribbler, that's honestly all he offers. Not athletic enough to get up and down the pitch, bang average crosser, liable to get bullied defensively.

Don't get me wrong, Aurier is not good enough either. But this narrative that KWP hasn't gotten a fair chance is just bollocks. He's a lower table/championship level right back.
sometimes by his own team mates, when he gets shouted at , he looks like he is gonna burst into tears, dunno if the fella is cut out for Prem football, let alone CL

I guess my point is considering all of our options, I'm not sure how Aurier is starting games over KWP. I agree and don't think either of them are good enough (I'm not sure about Foyth yet), but I don't see Aurier as meaningfully better than KWP. I'm only confused because we rotate our fullbacks so much and yet KWP never really gets a shot.

The defending of Serge and Sanchez worries me and Ndombele in front of them another worry.

Serge shouldn't have been on the starting XI today, he played too many games, Foyth amd KWP both can do a job there.

Ex-England defender and Macclesfield manager Sol Campbell has been named boss of League One strugglers Southend United on a contract until 2022.

Completely off-topic, but if things go tits up tonight, we can all take it out again on this fella.

I guess my point is considering all of our options, I'm not sure how Aurier is starting games over KWP. I agree and don't think either of them are good enough (I'm not sure about Foyth yet), but I don't see Aurier as meaningfully better than KWP. I'm only confused because we rotate our fullbacks so much and yet KWP never really gets a shot.
I think I read an article before that said Poch prefers his full backs to be strong in the air(Which tbf to Aurier, he is) so perhaps that's why he's picked ahead of him.
I dunno though, I would agree they're both on a level par of shitness.

Back
Top Bottom