Tottenham Vs Woolwich - Sun 12th July, 4:30pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well that was a nice surprise wasn't it.

Thought we were actually pretty good overall - thought defensively we were excellent for the most part, very compact due to the shape of the defence and midfield, very very patient without the ball and took the chances needed to win the game.

And really, we should have won by 3 or 4 goals. Besides Aubamayang's half volley which was brilliantly saved by Lloris, I don't remember any other shots that Lloris had to save?

Kane definitely livened up at the end of that second half and really should have had a goal to his name. Son, whilst frustrating ends the game with a goal and and assist and now has double digits for both goals and assists in the league this season.

Skipp was a bit of a wasted sub but I'm glad to see it means he isn't out of favour with Mourinho - hopefully it could mean 433 in future with Skipp as a defensive midfield.

I know they are frustrating but I really do like Kane and Son as a pairing up top. I think they're a threat and cause headaches for defenders, especially with Sons pace running behind and Kane being as creative as can be - I'm reminded of Everton away last season.

All in all - 3 points in the North London Derby. Can't really be unhappy with that can you?

COYS

Exactly. And even when the ball bounces off him from his terrible control, he is huge and fast enough to keep possession when running. Surely Mourinho needs to get him to do that more.

Problem is he can’t while wet nursing Aurier but I agree he takes some stopping

EcvglPWU8AAUGQT

Back
Top Bottom