Townsend or Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Townsend will never have a season like bale's last - no chance he's got 20 goals in him

If the bloke learns how to strike the ball like Bale and Ronaldo then you never know

I was very critical of him afew weeks ago in the match were he kept shooting at every opportunity but in the next few matches he's learnt from that mistake and tried to find a balance between creating for others and popping off shots when in a good position

He's an interesting player that's for sure and was a real breath of fresh air for England mid week

Jesus christ he had 1 good game for England. Hes an amazing prospect but that's all he is right now. Spurs fans jump the gun and can be so naive at times.

Thinking about it a bit more he actually has a far better right-foot than Bale, and that shot he hit the bar with tonight was very Bale-esq. If he keeps up this tempo and the rest of the players around him can click then he could work out a better option for the team.

Townsend has been very good. If Gareth Bale had never been at the club, Townsend wouldn't be so hyped up though. Townsend has become overrated because there are parallels between him and Bale. Townsend is still way, way behind Bale. But he is a very exciting player.

Thinking about it a bit more he actually has a far better right-foot than Bale, and that shot he hit the bar with tonight was very Bale-esq. If he keeps up this tempo and the rest of the players around him can click then he could work out a better option for the team.
:lamelashock:

Really enjoying Townsend atm.
But I just hope that his progress doesnt hamper Lamela. I mean, it shouldn't ...
Only if Townsend can reproduce this form on the lw, it would work out to be great for both.
In anycase, Avb sure has tough yet interesting decisions ahead of him.

:lamelashock:

Really enjoying Townsend atm.
But I just hope that his progress doesnt hamper Lamela. I mean, it shouldn't ...
Only if Townsend can reproduce this form on the lw, it would work out to be great for both.
In anycase, Avb sure has tough yet interesting decisions ahead of him.

It really shouldn't do because both Townsend and Lamela can play either wing so I would personally look to be starting both against Villa. Andros on the right and Lamela on the left or Vthe other way round. I hope AVB is not going to think Lamela is fighting with Townsend because I think that would be the wrong move. I do think eventually AVB wants both on either side of our wings.

It really shouldn't do because both Townsend and Lamela can play either wing so I would personally look to be starting both against Villa. Andros on the right and Lamela on the left or Vthe other way round. I hope AVB is not going to think Lamela is fighting with Townsend because I think that would be the wrong move. I do think eventually AVB wants both on either side of our wings.
I would think that Townsend on the left and Lamela on the right would work, as it seems like in recent weeks our play has become very congested and narrow in the final third of the pitch. It's just an idea, but I think those two providing width and balls for Soldado should be enough firepower to see off Villa (if we convert).

Lots of very dangerous crosses on his right foot last night. Must be a nightmare to defend against this guy. Show him inside and he's got a shot. Go outside and he'll put a decent ball in the box

Blatant Dat Townsend doe :townhmm:

Not only was he born and wants to play for Spurs. But he also doesn't have two slipped discs :baletroll:

Karma2.jpg

:levyeyes::avbfu:

Not sure if it has been posted before, but have you heard the scum song for Ozil that has a pop at Bale? It is rather good.....

To the tune of the Flintstones

Mesut, Mesut Ozil,
He's a Turkish guy from Germany.

Madrid went and sold him
And then went out and bought a chimpanzee....

Not sure if it has been posted before, but have you heard the scum song for Ozil that has a pop at Bale? It is rather good.....

Madrid went and sold him
And then went out and bought a chimpanzee...

Meh, it scans... but technically they bought Bale first... before they 'went and sold' Buster Keaton... and only 'cos we stalled for so long... unless.... oh no, you don't think it was pre-arranged ALL ALONG do you?

Mesut, Mesut Ozil,
He's a Turkish guy from Germany.

Madrid went and sold him
And then went out and bought a chimpanzee....
Needs the "and" or "then" removing from the last line imo.

In any case i guess this is just something they look at on a forum rather than actually sing right?

The Townsend circle-jerk is reaching new heights

Unbelievable turn of events for a player whom many wrote off only few months ago

Meh, it scans... but technically they bought Bale first... before they 'went and sold' Buster Keaton... and only 'cos we stalled for so long... unless.... oh no, you don't think it was pre-arranged ALL ALONG do you?

Surely not........................................and don't call me Shirley.

Back
Top Bottom