Transfer Bargain Bucket: Players with contract expiring in 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think we will go for him but what's a transfer related thread without mentioning a winger?

Lucas Vasquez' contract with Real Madrid expires this summer and I have not seen any news about him signing a new one since Real wants him to take a pay cut.

Should not be on our list of priorities but worth having on the list.

Ings is starting to worry me with the injury issues again. Not in this contract category but Lamptey is another I'd maybe steer clear of due to injury worries.

I don't think we will go for him but what's a transfer related thread without mentioning a winger?

Lucas Vasquez' contract with Real Madrid expires this summer and I have not seen any news about him signing a new one since Real wants him to take a pay cut.

Should not be on our list of priorities but worth having on the list.
I did notice his contract is ending, but... his goalscoring record is so bad I didn't add him in.

He's scored 2 goals so far this season in 19 Apps, similar to previous seasons His overall La Liga record for Real is 12 goals in 130 Apps. Considering they have a decent midfield supply, is that not really low? I think he's worse than our wing back ups in Lucas and Bergwijn.

I've saved everyone the bother of checking. Damião signed a contract extension in January this year with Kawasaki Frontale.

Ousmane Dembele is in great form, and his contract expires in 2022.

However, the new Barca president is elected today, and they will likely prioritise his contract renewal urgently. One to watch out for.

I did notice his contract is ending, but... his goalscoring record is so bad I didn't add him in.

He's scored 2 goals so far this season in 19 Apps, similar to previous seasons His overall La Liga record for Real is 12 goals in 130 Apps. Considering they have a decent midfield supply, is that not really low? I think he's worse than our wing back ups in Lucas and Bergwijn.
Think he's been playing RB mainly ?

Think he's been playing RB mainly ?
Good point, he's played around 60% of his games at RB this season. I will add him to the table as a RB option.

I just watched him play at RW for Real a few times in the CL and assumed he'd still be playing there.
Do you know if this is just a temporary measure because they have a RB injury problem, or has he been in this position in recent years?

Good point, he's played around 60% of his games at RB this season. I will add him to the table as a RB option.

I just watched him play at RW for Real a few times in the CL and assumed he'd still be playing there.
Do you know if this is just a temporary measure because they have a RB injury problem, or has he been in this position in recent years?
Think just this season because of injury, Evey other time I'd seen him before he was always out on the right wing.

Might aswell sell Kane.
Kane is world class and club trained, not really the same thing at all.

Ings basically couldn't make the field between 2015-18, and is after picking up 4 small injuries this season after 18 months of good health and form. I like him as a player but signing a 29 yo with that injury history is a risk.

Lamptey injury is an odd one, hopefully his size and the type of athlete he is doesn't leave him injury prone. But he came off early in many games early season with knocks and strains and he's now missing about 2/3 of it with a hamstring problem. Seriously dynamic talent but injury record should certainly be taken into account when signing players.

How has he done at RB? He wouldn't get into our team as a RW for sure, but if we sell Aurier there will be a gap at RB.
Not watched them a lot this season but he's done well from what I've seen and read with ratings he's been getting , someone else might have watched him more that could answer.

Not watched them a lot this season but he's done well from what I've seen and read with ratings he's been getting , someone else might have watched him more that could answer.
If we do sign Vazquez on a free, it could open up the possibility of playing with 3 at the back. Along with that we would sell Aurier, and then fund 2 CBs.

Reguilon or Sessegnon at LWB
Vazquez or Doherty at RWB

Back
Top Bottom