Trevor Sinclair

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think about this, there were many ex black footballers that are upstanding, intelligent fine. role models talkshite could have chose and out of all those black footballers they chose Sinclair. Why?
For the same reason they chose Collymore in the past, they are controversial and talk shite pride themselves on being controversial and edgy, they've been that way even before they became a sports station

I’m obviously not defending the lad, but he’s really not all there. He is painfully stupid on the show. And that’s not light criticism; I think he’s a legitimate dunce.
I agree with you. He just very thick. But so is Merson, Agbonlahor, and Ohara not that gifted either. Also think Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman right social media has convinced the stupid they must have an opinion on everything. I'm no Monarcist but there's a time and it's NOT now.

I'm late to this ..
What the fuck did Sinclair say?

FcMS2zwWAAMqOtS

Needs sacking. If a white ex footballer had said something racist - he'd have been hung drawn and quartered by now. Racism in ALL forms is repugnant and needs stamping out.

I agree with you. He just very thick. But so is Merson, Agbonlahor, and Ohara not that gifted either. Also think Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman right social media has convinced the stupid they must have an opinion on everything. I'm no Monarcist but there's a time and it's NOT now.
Very much so.

I just really do think he's a significant level below those others. I'd be surprised if he could write his name in the ground with a stick. When he's on the show, the points he make have absolutely zero logical coherence to them. And he can't grasp basic ideas; he just gets confused and angry.

Even the tweet he sent doesn't really make sense. certainly not in the way it's phrased.

Interesting seeing the anti-woke brigade say that he should be sacked for his comments. Clearly the guy is thick as shit but talksport wouldn’t have many employees if they sacked everyone on that basis.

I’m surprised that more people aren’t making the free speech argument here. Should people be sacked for comments made in a personal capacity that aren’t harmful?

I can’t believe what a lack of emotional intelligence this guy has.

Interesting seeing the anti-woke brigade say that he should be sacked for his comments. Clearly the guy is thick as shit but talksport wouldn’t have many employees if they sacked everyone on that basis.

I’m surprised that more people aren’t making the free speech argument here. Should people be sacked for comments made in a personal capacity that aren’t harmful?

Yep it's red meat to the actual bigots. Nothing he said if you actually assess it is racist or discriminatory. It's just an incoherent mess. Racism was not 'out lawed' what does that even mean? There are laws against racially aggrevated crime and various employment statues. If he was to say black and brown Britons should not mourn a Monarchy steeped in a clearly racist history then he could start a conversation. BUT the day a 96 year old woman dies it would be bloody tasteless. The Talksport motto is certainly get em thick pay em cheap.

Free speech itself is more about government, ie can I say what I want and not have any government involvement. Private companies obviously can hire and fire who they want and if an employee is a bit wild that can affect negatively the reputation of the company.

Sinclair has convictions for racism and drunk driving and was arrested for beating his wife. Talk Sport as a shock jock company are happy to have him. If they want to keep him or sack him that is their business although they may drop some ratings if he stays. If he stays though they need to be consistent, can’t sack anyone for their views going forward as they have set the example anything goes, you can say what you want.

The bloke is a tool of the highest magnitude.

On the rare occasions Talksport gets into a serious or complex discussion on a particular topic, he gets out of his depth so quickly that he becomes embarrassing. Instead of sitting quietly and waiting for the subject to change so that he can talk about a goal he once scored with an overhead kick, something in his brain tells him he should contribute to the discussion. He will the proceed to talk bollocks for two minutes and confirm to everyone that, Yes, you are still a complete idiot and haven’t a clue.

He is up there with the worst, if not the worst, guest they have on there. And that’s up against some tough competition.

As much as I hate and disagree with what he said in the tweet, I am glad it was him that said it. Because if that keeps him off our radios and TVs forever, then we’ll done Trevor you twat.

Back
Top Bottom