UCL - Red Star (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Commited? Maybe. But it’s a difference between commitment and performance and Eriksen’s performance has dropped drastically. However, I do not expect Poch to say that Eriksen is shit or in poor form, he has never trashed a player in public.
I think it's Poch who needs to be committed. Under section 8!

'O' levels were GCSE's ... General Certificate Of Secondary Education. I had 7 in total, 6 in Mathematics and 4 in English.
Then you had CSE's ... Certificate of Secondary Education. In my days I believe a grade 1 CSE pass was equivalent to a grade 5 'O' level pass.
Anything below these and you had a choice of either going up a chimney, serving as a deckhand on a slave ship or Newgate prison... ahhh Happy Days :thumbup:
How can you get 6 passes in one subject. Did you take it 6 times? Now A levels and S levels...now we're talking....

You're losing all the friends you made here for the 1st leg.....
Most of you guys have been giving stick to the above mentioned players on this forum. Maybe Eriksen is not at the level of previous seasons but he is inherently a class player. He obviously is leaving and this affects the effort he is putting in. Nevertheless I would be happy for him to be missing tonight.

On to the game itself. I predicted a 3-0 victory for you lot in the first leg. If Harry plays I can see you winning 2-0. If he is missing it will be 0-0 with both sides only having two shots on target

Line up I think we will see.

Gazza
Aurier - Sachez - Toby - Rose
Winks - Sissoko
Son - Eriksen - Alli
Kane

None of us want Rose to play but he will be well rested, Sess is not ready for a UCL start.

Starting Lo Celso ahead of Eriksen would be preferred by most fans; but I suspect Poch will stick with the players he trusts. Nothing on the pitch suggests to me Eriksen isnt 100% committed and we have seen his dips in form time and time again and Poch has stuck with him.

Alli is still the guy that can play that magic pass and drift behind defenses. Not as good a finisher as Moura but offers more creative play.

Ndom still doesn't seem ready to play beyond 60 minutes and has made his best impact coming from the bench. But please MAKE TO SUB EARLY if needed.

Son....he's fine. Get back to playing.

Red Star 2 (11,65) - 4 Tottenham (Kane 3(pen); Alli 23, Eriksen 40, Ndombele 80)

I'm expecting a big performance from the team to build our hopes up! (just in time for Sheffield to bring us back down to earth at the weekend).

Most of you guys have been giving stick to the above mentioned players on this forum. Maybe Eriksen is not at the level of previous seasons but he is inherently a class player. He obviously is leaving and this affects the effort he is putting in. Nevertheless I would be happy for him to be missing tonight.
He's been missing all season, you have nothing to worry about.

On to the game itself. I predicted a 3-0 victory for you lot in the first leg. If Harry plays I can see you winning 2-0. If he is missing it will be 0-0 with both sides only having two shots on target

I agree with your synopsis on the result, however not with Erikson.
At the minute, he is a liability.

One can have all the talent in the world.. if his mind isn't on the job, then it's like having a Ferrari in your garage, that you never drive.

"Inherently classy ", but of no use.

Gazza
Winks - Sissoko
Son - Eriksen - Alli
Kane

None of us want Rose to play but he will be well rested, Sess is not ready for a UCL start.

Starting Lo Celso ahead of Eriksen would be preferred by most fans; but I suspect Poch will stick with the players he trusts. Nothing on the pitch suggests to me Eriksen isnt 100% committed and we have seen his dips in form time and time again and Poch has stuck with him.

Alli is still the guy that can play that magic pass and drift behind defenses. Not as good a finisher as Moura but offers more creative play.

Ndom still doesn't seem ready to play beyond 60 minutes and has made his best impact coming from the bench. But please MAKE TO SUB EARLY if needed.

Red Star 2 (11,65) - 4 Tottenham (Kane 3(pen); Alli 23, Eriksen 40, Ndombele 80)

I'm expecting a big performance from the team to build our hopes up! (just in time for Sheffield to bring us back down to earth at the weekend).
That lineups might have worked a few seasons ago, not any more though, it’s alright to have one player out of form but with Dele struggling for form and EriKsen a passenger and nothing created by the full backs its the reason we look so void of creativity and flat, anyhow it doesn’t matter as winks and Aurier haven't travelled, I expect to see a mix up from poch so he can play all his trusted lieutenants, I’m predicting the below , however I wish we would just give GLC the start instead of Erisken and if he looks tired bring him off late second half as surely even a fucked GLC is better than the Erisken we see starting every week?

gazza
Foyth. Aurier. Toby. Rose
Sissoko. Ndombele
Son. Dele. Eriksen
Kane

Why did KWP not travel? Why is Poch completely ignoring him? I'm not for starting him every time, but he deserves some game experience... Aurier didn't travel and Lamela, Verts, Lloris missing.

Anyway, this is what I think we will go with:

Gazza
Foyth Sanchez Toby Rose
Sissoko Winks
Son Dele Eriksen
Kane

GLC, Ndombele and Sessegnon with short cameos again.

Isn’t it mad that there’s such trepidation about facing a team we beat 5-0 two weeks ago. If we get a 1-0 or a 1-1 that’s a great result

Gazza
Winks - Sissoko
Son - Eriksen - Alli
Kane

Aurier hasn't travelled, Winks hasn't trained.

Hi everyone,

Red Star fan in peace.

I would just like to clarify and correct a few of the posts on this thread with regards to suggesting racism is almost inevitable in this game.

The reason our fans were not officially allowed in your stadium was because of an incident in the Helsinki away game in the 2nd qualifying round, where Albanian people infiltrated the home section near to the red star section, and waved provocative flags, banners and sung anti-Serbian songs at Red Star fans. Red Star fans responded to the provocation and were given a 1 match ban on away supporters. HJK Helsinki were not punished because they pleaded that the Albanian's who were provoking us were not HJK fans.

Furthermore, we have 4 black players in our squad; Boakye, Ben, Zander and Van La Parra - all of which are strongly backed and supported by all of our supporters the exact same as any of our Serbian players.

Apart from international matches where you often get ultra-right wing Ultras from very nationalistic clubs attending, there has not been any racist incidents at Red Star matches for a very, very long time.

The British media has seen 'banned for racism' and assumed it is against black people and made a big uproar of your visit to us.

I can assure everyone there won't be any racism - but there will be the most hostile fierce atmosphere you will have experienced in recent memory! :)

Best of luck.

Hi everyone,

Red Star fan in peace.

I would just like to clarify and correct a few of the posts on this thread with regards to suggesting racism is almost inevitable in this game.

The reason our fans were not officially allowed in your stadium was because of an incident in the Helsinki away game in the 2nd qualifying round, where Albanian people infiltrated the home section near to the red star section, and waved provocative flags, banners and sung anti-Serbian songs at Red Star fans. Red Star fans responded to the provocation and were given a 1 match ban on away supporters. HJK Helsinki were not punished because they pleaded that the Albanian's who were provoking us were not HJK fans.

Furthermore, we have 4 black players in our squad; Boakye, Ben, Zander and Van La Parra - all of which are strongly backed and supported by all of our supporters the exact same as any of our Serbian players.

Apart from international matches where you often get ultra-right wing Ultras from very nationalistic clubs attending, there has not been any racist incidents at Red Star matches for a very, very long time.

The British media has seen 'banned for racism' and assumed it is against black people and made a big uproar of your visit to us.

I can assure everyone there won't be any racism - but there will be the most hostile fierce atmosphere you will have experienced in recent memory! :)

Best of luck.
Welcome mate :)
Interesting to get a red star side of things for a change .
I have read up a bit on your history and saw that despite having an image with many for racism(perceived or otherwise) the club was actually started by anti fascists? Strange turn of events.
Hopefully the game passes off without incident and it will be a good one for all involved.
All the best.
PS Why is you tunnel on to the pitch so bleeding long?

Hi everyone,

Red Star fan in peace.

Best of luck.
Good to have a perspective from the Red Star side of things.

I'm looking forward to tonights match. I'd like to think we could have another 5-0, but I don't think it'll be anywhere near that. Your stadium seems a pretty daunting place to play, so I expect hostility in a good nature.

Back
Top Bottom