UCL - Red Star (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For the first time in weeks I am enjoying watching us play! GLC and Tanguy in midfield from now on is a must. Eriksen better get used to sitting on that bench. Want to see Sess come on for Rose to give him a good run out see what he can do!

I think it’s more the south american option. All that “loyalty” and favouritism bullshit.

Anyone else sick of this shit anti-Spurs commentator on BT? We have had 68% possession and 10 attempts to their 3 and we have dominated overall but he is giving the impression we are lucky to be winning- utter bullshit

Playing well going forwards, nice running off the ball and incisive passing. The 2 chances they’ve had were pretty spunky so not sure you can blame the defence too much. All in all a much improved performance

Don’t want to get too overhyped about him but Lo Celso looks like he could be special.

Also, does anyone think if Lloris was playing that Red Star would have scored?

The scoreline flatters to deceive there. While we've certainly controlled possession, RSB had 2 incredible chances and it's hard to believe they didn't finish one of them (especially the first).

EDIT: Disagree with those who say that was a good first half. It was fair. The defense looks very shaky.
Compared to how we’ve played so far this season tonight’s been a fecking treat.

The difference is that all the players on the pitch give a shit. Alli, whilst being completely off the ball, is trying his hardest.
Their first chance was from a lot of luck. I am not too worried by that. The second one is a concern. Obviously the results matter, but I don't necessarily mind dropping points when I am watching entertaining football from players who want to play for this club. A lot of you may disagree with that but that is what I miss.

Playing well going forwards, nice running off the ball and incisive passing. The 2 chances they’ve had were pretty spunky so not sure you can blame the defence too much. All in all a much improved performance

Just need to be more clinical and get shots off earlier but much better overall

Back
Top Bottom