UEFA Champions League 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Four real heavy weight clashes in Dortmund/PSG, Madrid/City, Atletico/Liverpool and Chelsea/Bayern. The fact that one of Valencia/Atalanta will be a quarter finalist is a bit mad, bodes well for us should we progress.

Don’t think underestimating was the thinking just that the options were a lot scarier.
They're a very good side. They are better than Bayern in the Bundesliga at the moment. We need to be at our 110% to beat them. They don't have the name, but we didn't either when we first made it out of the groups and we ended up beating the 7 time Champions AC Milan.

Anyone underestimating Leipzig is an idiot.
This will be a very challenging but doable match.

We're in for a hell of a round against them.

All in all a fun draw. Lots of good matchups.
They're the least experienced team team remaining in the competition, no one is underestimating their quality.

We will beat them on experience like Juve did to us in 2018.

They're a very good side. They are better than Bayern in the Bundesliga at the moment. We need to be at our 110% to beat them. They don't have the name, but we didn't either when we first made it out of the groups and we ended up beating the 7 time Champions AC Milan.
Come February we’ll be unrecognisable from what we are now. They’re undoubtedly a very good unit but time is on our side

Four real heavy weight clashes in Dortmund/PSG, Madrid/City, Atletico/Liverpool and Chelsea/Bayern. The fact that one of Valencia/Atalanta will be a quarter finalist is a bit mad, bodes well for us should we progress.
Valencia outplayed Real and deserved to win, and Atalanta are a very pleasent side to watch, and Gasperini is one of the good guys in football. I bet todd1882 todd1882 is flying though :dembelelol:

Yep, they are top of the Bundesliga right now (6pts more than Bayern).

I think playing Real Madrid or Juve would have been easier, our nemesis team to play against are those that press us.
Definitely Real or Juve are more the devil we know... these guys need to be not underestimated at all.
I have never watched them playing (I will tomorrow) but I heard that Nagelsman is very good at being unpredictable and at seamlessly switching tactics during the game

I understand people thinking that we will win due to experience, which is certainly on our side in this fixture. But lets not forget that arrogance often leads to our own downfall.

We need to take these guys seriously.

It will be two great games. Looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom