UEFA Champions League 2023/2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

200w.gif

Kane hat-trick against Woolwich, pls.

I suspect Bayern have looked a lot worse lately than they actually are. Probably set in a while ago that the league is over, you'd think there would be a lot more effort and focus for this one.

Why did they get rid of away goals? It completely negates the first leg of a game. There was 18 goals scored over the course of the 4 quarter finals and they may as well have ended 0-0. Such a stupid thing to change.

Why did they get rid of away goals? It completely negates the first leg of a game. There was 18 goals scored over the course of the 4 quarter finals and they may as well have ended 0-0. Such a stupid thing to change.
How are the teams that are winning actually drawing 0-0?

How are you complaining about that?, we've seen more attacking football because away teams now aren't sitting in and trying to nick goals.

How are you complaining about that?, we've seen more attacking football because away teams now aren't sitting in and trying to nick goals.

Complaining and asking why they’ve done it are two different things.

Enlighten us Dan, you have already stated that you are intellectually above us inept mere mortals of this forum.

Complaining and asking why they’ve done it are two different things.

Enlighten us Dan, you have already stated that you are intellectually above us inept mere mortals of this forum.

You don't need to be that smart to work out why they've done it, I literally said it in my previous post - it's obviously to make matches more entertaining, how many goals do you think you'd have seen this week if we still had away goals?

It's all well and good cheering Harry and Bayern on against the scum, but don't we need Arse and Spam to beat Bayern and Leverkausen to help us get a 5th CL spot?

My mistake I meant the first two games that ended 3-3 and 2-2. Might as well have been. 0-0
The games were good. It also means both teams will play in the next leg, with away goals BM /City would try and sit on the "lead" and if they score the games as good as dead. No away goals should lead to a better 2nd leg.

I prefer this way.

Only 'issue' I have is extra time benefits the home team in the second leg but not too bothered

It's all well and good cheering Harry and Bayern on against the scum, but don't we need Arse and Spam to beat Bayern and Leverkausen to help us get a 5th CL spot?

It's okay if you want to support the scum in the Champions League but shut up about it here.

The games were good. It also means both teams will play in the next leg, with away goals BM /City would try and sit on the "lead" and if they score the games as good as dead. No away goals should lead to a better 2nd leg.

I prefer this way.

Only 'issue' I have is extra time benefits the home team in the second leg but not too bothered
Or...............

3-3 draw for City v Real, 2-2 draw for Woolwich v Bayern. 10 goals were scored, but none of them meant anything. Both matches may as well have ended 0-0.
There is Zero added jeopardy for the 2nd leg, and zero consequences from the 1st leg.

The strong likelihood is because it's all square the 2nd legs could well be cagey bore fests, which is why away goals were brought in in the first place.

This was worse with away goals because if the game was tied after 90 mins, the away team got the benefit of knowing that scoring a goal in ET was worth double and they had an extra 30 mins advantage over their opponent to do it.

Back
Top Bottom