UEFA Champions League 2023/2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

LisbonLion1906

Sporting Clube De Portugal Fan
Figured there should be a Champions League Thread in order to discuss all of the games and moments of the biggest club competition in the sport.

First Leg of the playoffs begin today (08/22/23) with the following fixtures:

Rangers vs PSV Eindhovem
Royal Antwerp vs AEK Athens
RKS Rakow vs FC Copenhagen

Tomorrow we also have three more games:

SC Braga vs Panathinaikos
Molde vs Galatasaray
Maccabi Haifa vs BSC Young Boys

My personal predictions for the teams that advance to the group stage are the following clubs:
* PSV
* AEK Athens
* FC Copenhagen
* SC Braga
* Galatasaray
* BSC Young Boys

F4J0Pv9XsAA0tRL

v

F4JubRDXUAEQzJ0

I'd be shocked if PSV don't win this tie. Last season Rangers were EXTREMELY lucky to make it past them, I doubt that they can have that sort of luck 2 times in a row.

I dunno what you lot are on about..... Pretty sure it's been cancelled this season; pending further Lilywhite involvement.

......And who could blame them, really.

Big game today for Braga and Portuguese football. Braga are looking to the CL group stage for only third time in there history.

However more importantly for them will be the money received for qualifying as it gets them closer the pack of the big 3 and there hope of becoming champions of Portugal one day.

If any of you lot watch the game keep an eye out for Bruma. He has been incredible form and is a former prospect from Sporting. Career was ruined by his greedy agent and decision making but along with Rafael Leao he is the most promising player in recent years that I remember seeing from our academy.

4th placed teams from Germany and Spain should have to go through qualifiers. Those leagues are so top heavy and I’d rather see smaller leagues represented instead of non-competitive teams from big leagues.

Braga not playing well but holding on to a 1-0 lead so far. It is very important that they take a result back to Greece.

Galatasaray having a hard time with Molde is shocking but I imagine in Turkey it will be a different story.

Back
Top Bottom