UEFA Europa League - 2024/2025

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wouldn't expect any respect from rival fans if/when we win a trophy. And that's fair enough to be honest, because I don't respect any of our rivals or their achievements.

Fuck 'em. I'm a hater, and their respect means fuck all to me. Rather keep their stinking tongues out of our proverbial arseholes tbh.
I don't understand how people on here can actually believe that winning something would make a difference to rival fans.

They only seem to want to win something for that reason.

I don't understand how people on here can actually believe that winning something would make a difference to rival fans.

They only seem to want to win something for that reason.

Exactly.

Let's win stuff, obviously, but for us to enjoy, not for us to want 'respect' from any other club. Their respect ain't worth shit.

Key Europa League 24/25 dates

Draw Dates

First qualifying round: 18 June 2024
Second qualifying round: 19 June 2024
Third qualifying round: 22 July 2024
Play-offs: 5 August 2024
League phase: 29 August 2024
Knockout round play-offs: 31 January 2025
Round of 16, quarter-final, semi-final: 21 February 2025

Game Dates

First qualifying round: 11 & 18 July 2024
Second qualifying round: 25 July & 1 August 2024
Third qualifying round: 8 & 15 August 2024
Play-offs: 22 & 29 August 2024

Matchday 1: 25/26 September 2024
Matchday 2: 3 October 2024
Matchday 3: 24 October 2024
Matchday 4: 7 November 2024
Matchday 5: 28 November 2024
Matchday 6: 12 December 2024
Matchday 7: 23 January 2025
Matchday 8: 30 January 2025

Knockout round play-offs: 13 & 20 February 2025
Round of 16: 6 & 13 March 2025
Quarter-finals: 10 & 17 April 2025
Semi-finals: 1 & 8 May 2025
Final: 21 May 2025 - Venue Estadio de San Mamés in Bilbao, Spain

FOUR qualifying rounds before the 36 team league??? WTF

If we make it to the final that would be an extra 17 games next season.

That's almost 50% of PL matches for a season.

Be horrendous to put a big focus on EL and get to semi finals or finals but not win it, but because of focus on EL miss out on all the european places available if e finish in top 6 or 7 in PL !

I suspect it may come down to how the squad is faring (ie are there too many out injured) in say March (EL Quarter finals) of the season to decide if a push can be made to finish well in both PL and EL or just PL - if going for both it means playing both weekends and midweek most weeks, if going only for PL its mainly playing once a week so a big difference between the two

So 36 teams qualify.
Then they will be seeded into pots.
Then there will be a draw to select who plays who with seeded teams kept apart.
Then the teams that are best after those games will go to a knock out stage ...
but there aren't groups.

Simu Liu Reaction GIF by Kim's Convenience's Convenience
The draw will be fun. All those bowls and balls with bits of paper in them. No one will have a clue what the fuck’s going on.

That's almost 50% of PL matches for a season.

Be horrendous to put a big focus on EL and get to semi finals or finals but not win it, but because of focus on EL miss out on all the european places available if e finish in top 6 or 7 in PL !

I suspect it may come down to how the squad is faring (ie are there too many out injured) in say March (EL Quarter finals) of the season to decide if a push can be made to finish well in both PL and EL or just PL - if going for both it means playing both weekends and midweek most weeks, if going only for PL its mainly playing once a week so a big difference between the two

I'd say it's up to the club to get in enough players (of the right quality) to ensure the squad is good enough and deep enough to compete all fronts. No excuses.

Do it Levy you bald cunt or I'll twat your bald head with my giant sausage.

I'd say it's up to the club to get in enough players (of the right quality) to ensure the squad is good enough and deep enough to compete all fronts. No excuses.

Do it Levy you bald cunt or I'll twat your bald head with my giant sausage.

Run into half a dozen or more injuries and its a problem for pretty much any club.

Back
Top Bottom