UEFA Europa League - 2024/2025

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Always prefer to be in the champions league obviously but I do really enjoy the Europa league when we’re in it

Some of my funnest and best memories of the lane are from Thursday nights

I’m looking forward to next season and hope we take it seriously

So we need to finish in top 8 or play 2 extra matches. That will mean starting strong. Still less matches to win this than PL and no MC, Woolwich, Barcelona & Real Madrid to have to play. better to win this than 4th place trophy in PL.

Always prefer to be in the champions league obviously but I do really enjoy the Europa league when we’re in it

Some of my funnest and best memories of the lane are from Thursday nights

I’m looking forward to next season and hope we take it seriously
Lets hope we are the Leverkusen next season...

So we need to finish in top 8 or play 2 extra matches. That will mean starting strong. Still less matches to win this than PL and no MC, Woolwich, Barcelona & Real Madrid to have to play. better to win this than 4th place trophy in PL.

Unfortunately we’ll fudge it and finish out of the top 8 and have to play the extra games which we’ll go out in rendering it all a waste of time. We don’t currently have a good enough starting XI let alone squad to be rotating too heavily for these games. It should only be switching in a couple of players if we want to proceed.

Unfortunately we’ll fudge it and finish out of the top 8 and have to play the extra games which we’ll go out in rendering it all a waste of time. We don’t currently have a good enough starting XI let alone squad to be rotating too heavily for these games. It should only be switching in a couple of players if we want to proceed.
I agree. We must not just use it to give a game to someone that cannot get into the first team. Ange uses 5 subs regularly and so that is 16 players a match. With injuries others get into the 16. That should be more than enough to rotate with those that are subs at the weekend starting on Thursdays. Only use the kids or fringe players once we have qualified or as late subs unless they deserve a start, in which case they should be getting minutes in the PL. We need to win a trophy.

I'd like to think they'll be decent-priced packages for the four home group games.

In the end Levy will probably just give us 30% of the first pint or something else remarkably cheapskate.

And we'll all still file in like zombies.
Cheaper prices for Europa matches just looks like they are not important. They are, and we should get good crowds as long as we clearly are taking them seriously.

I have a question about all this “blood youngsters” in Europa stuff:

If we drop important points by rotating kids in are we then going to pivot to “why didn’t we take the Europa seriously” and instantly deciding all the youngsters are shit?

I'm actually looking forward to this more than the champions league. Realistic chance of competing in and winning if we strengthen sufficiently and take it seriously.

I'm actually looking forward to this more than the champions league. Realistic chance of competing in and winning if we strengthen sufficiently and take it seriously.

Yeah a lot less stressful that’s for sure…….although I suspect at some point in a game in it next season I’ll be made to regret this post!

I have a question about all this “blood youngsters” in Europa stuff:

If we drop important points by rotating kids in are we then going to pivot to “why didn’t we take the Europa seriously” and instantly deciding all the youngsters are shit?
How about… we don’t blood any youngsters and play the first team? The young players can rotate after we have secured our spot in the knockout rounds.

Back
Top Bottom