UEFA Europa League - 2024/2025

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep. Mid week is easier to start with, and then I suspect underlying demand will be lower for group stage EL than for PL. Should be good for us non season ticket holders (#124124 on the waiting list)
You'll probably still get offered an ST anyway. I get offered one every year on my membership at 50K or so on the list and always decline (I already pay for two STs in my sons names and don't need a third).

How about… we don’t blood any youngsters and play the first team? The young players can rotate after we have secured our spot in the knockout rounds.

100% with you.

It's 4 home and 4 away. Full strength to win the first 6 with maybe the odd youngster given 20 minutes here and there if we have sewn a game up.

Then, if we are sure of avoiding the play-offs to make the next round, then and only then "blood the youngsters".

I have a question about all this “blood youngsters” in Europa stuff:

If we drop important points by rotating kids in are we then going to pivot to “why didn’t we take the Europa seriously” and instantly deciding all the youngsters are shit?
It's a game by game basis. Against Elfsborg or Tobol we could easily field a lot of youngsters. If we're up against a Braga or AZ Alkmaar we'll need to up the quality. Against Porto, Sociedad, Bilbao, Roma, Frankfurt we'll need our strongest team. I think the Dortmund and Fiorentina games in Pochs first 2 seasons were disappointing because he rotated too heavily against clearly quality opposition.

It's a game by game basis. Against Elfsborg or Tobol we could easily field a lot of youngsters. If we're up against a Braga or AZ Alkmaar we'll need to up the quality. Against Porto, Sociedad, Bilbao, Roma, Frankfurt we'll need our strongest team. I think the Dortmund and Fiorentina games in Pochs first 2 seasons were disappointing because he rotated too heavily against clearly quality opposition.

Mate, we have lost to some absolute shockers in the Europa. Jose lost to a team who's manager was in prison.

Take no liberties with anyone until we are through. Team comes before young players.

Mate, we have lost to some absolute shockers in the Europa. Jose lost to a team who's manager was in prison.

Take no liberties with anyone until we are through. Team comes before young players.
Absolutely right. Strongest team, no Stevie the Sixth former types. I'm going to stick a monkey down on us winning this so I want to see us bully our way through.

That’s an awful format

Think it’s ok. There had to be a bit of a shake up it was getting a bit stale imo.
Would have preferred unseeded 2 leg straight knockout from round one like the good old days but that’s never going to happen the way football is structured nowadays

Strongest team to start with in each of those games. Can give youngsters some minutes if we're winning comfortably, and also if/when we've secured our spot in the knockouts.

Absolutely right. Strongest team, no Stevie the Sixth former types. I'm going to stick a monkey down on us winning this so I want to see us bully our way through.
I'd be amazed if Ange didn't go all out to win. I think and hope he learned his lesson with that Carabao fiasco, and appreciates that for all the talk of a project (which is all great), we desperately need to win something.

Back
Top Bottom