UEFA Europa League - 2024/2025

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Makes sense to go all out and win the Europa because all the pundits talk about is spurs making the top 4 all season so to play teams in this competition what is probably not as hard as premier league opponents. Win a trophy and also be in the champions league pot 1.

Yes it’s easy!!! You might get drawn against…City, Liverpool, Woolwich , Utd, Chelsea, and the rest.
The top 5 German and Italian clubs won’t be in the Europa , poss 6 Italian . Both teams in the Europa final won’t be in it next season. Time we won something
Those teams really don’t take it seriously until the semi-final stage. If we put Hellboy in goal again and go out to someone like Brentford on penalties there will be measures.

Actually think part of the issue with how we’ve traditionally rotated is it’s been too full blown.

New signings not withstanding, we’ve got the likes of Dragusin and Bentancur or Sarr not as automatic starter but arguably could be. One or two of those rotated in shouldn’t adversely impact our performance.

And then one youngster in - whoever it is: if you’re playing with 10 other senior pros you’re more likely to adapt and have an impact compared to being thrown in with a whole cohort.

Has anyone got any updates of the teams that have qualified and who's in what pots I saw a post someone put up before but it didn't seem like all the teams posted had actually qualified

That's what we should do
I think we should look at it come March. If we are hovering around 5th we should go all out for this trophy.

If we were in a title race we'd have to prioritize that but very unlikely I would say. (depending on signings)

I imagine 5th would be a CL spot next season. A very poor season from English clubs over 23/24 so would think it would be better next season.

Sitting in 4th or 5th with a decent cushion would be the ideal scenario to go all out for the Europa. IMV

I think we should look at it come March. If we are hovering around 5th we should go all out for this trophy.

If we were in a title race we'd have to prioritize that but very unlikely I would say. (depending on signings)

I imagine 5th would be a CL spot next season. A very poor season from English clubs over 23/24 so would think it would be better next season.

Sitting in 4th or 5th with a decent cushion would be the ideal scenario to go all out for the Europa. IMV

…..so we are going for it then!

The problem is that Italy and Germany have now got extra teams in the UCL and will be able to rack up even more points over the Prem . It’s now loaded in their favour .

The Toon and Yahnited really messed up the whole 5th gets Champions League thing , by being so shite ( in the year it mattered most).

Last edited:
The problem is that Italy and Germany have got extra teams in the UCL and will be able to rack up even more points over the Prem . It’s now loaded in their favour .

The Toon and Yahnited really messed the whole 5th gets Champions League thing , by being shite ( in the year it mattered most).
Very good point. I hadn't considered that.

The League Cup is the easiest one to win. If Ange fucks about with that again it will be a big black mark against him. He didn't really know where he had the players vs Fulham so he gets a pass ... once.
I'm not sure it is. The League Cup is generally won by really high level teams like Liverpool or Man City, and the final is played in March before those teams burnout or reprioritise based on League/Europe. Clubs like Woolwich, Leicester and Man United have all won the FA Cup recently, while the latter was an outlier in the League Cup last year. A lot of it comes down to luck of the draw too, I think we got City at the worst time this year early in the competition. Tbh, with City where they are you need a shit load of luck to win anything in this country these days.

I'm not sure it is. The League Cup is generally won by really high level teams like Liverpool or Man City, and the final is played in March before those teams burnout or reprioritise based on League/Europe. Clubs like Woolwich, Leicester and Man United have all won the FA Cup recently, while the latter was an outlier in the League Cup last year. A lot of it comes down to luck of the draw too, I think we got City at the worst time this year early in the competition. Tbh, with City where they are you need a shit load of luck to win anything in this country these days.
City was the FA Cup. We lost to Fulham in the League Cup second round after Ange rotated the side that was absolutely flying. Fulham then got to the semi-final.

Back
Top Bottom