uefa's 5 officials

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

what the fuck. tonight, lennon was done right in front of the goal line judge [or whatever he's called] he does nothing, dempsey was dragged down on the 6 yard line when the same fucker had a clear view, again nothing ? i've heard they are only for judging the ball over the goal line, but that cant be true because last season against olympiakos one of them called a foul by defoe that the ref missed and we had a goal disallowed [correctly, as it was a foul] i just dont understand. also, why do they stand on the same side of the pitch as the linesman ? surely they should be on the other side ? they might then have spotted the stamp on bale.

There was also an incident in the Man U game where Galatasaray should have got a penalty and there's no way the line judge couldn't have seen it.

I heard from someone that they can't make a decision the way a linesman can, they can just say what they see if called upon by the ref. If that is the case, then it's a fucking waste of time even having them, because I've never seen a ref ask them the question.

Back
Top Bottom