(Unpopular Opinion) we need a major rebuild at the end of this season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the second half of this season is a mirror image of the first half of the season, then I think we will need a major revamp.

1) Sack Conte and get Poch
2) Sell Kane
3) Sell Son
4) Sell Moura
5) Sell Emerson

Afford Poch the same amount of resources as Conte…

Expect 2-3 years of rebuild (winning nothing) and maybe no Champions League.

If the second half of this season is a mirror image of the first half of the season, then I think we will need a major revamp.

2) Sell Kane
3) Sell Son
4) Sell Moura
5) Sell Emerson

Moura leaves on a free at the end of the season. Kane will probably run his contract down and stay. Emerson we should absolutely sell. Son we should maybe sell should a decent offer come in.

Having already invested some in Conte's system, and Conte having shown good ability to deliver top 4 and group qualification in CL this season, I'd think we'd like to keep him if at all possible, unless we have some kind of bad collapse in the Prem this next half of the season which leaves us well short of top 4.

If that happens though, Kane will hand in a transfer request and force us into rebuilding anyways. Conte would have little reason to want to stick around for that.

I am sure players like Sarr, Gil and Spence will prosper under Poch.
You're sure of this? I hope so, but am far from being sure about this.

Overall, if we can just sell off our deadwood and make improvements at RWB and CB (x2), I'm not sure we really need a "rebuild". The "rebuild" will happen soon enough on its own as soon as Kane calls it a day with us.

Tell me you didn't watch what happened in 2019 without telling me you didn't watch us in 2019.

Also lol give him the same resources as Conte

Conte has not been given much. He's just getting results from an exhausted squad, with Bentancur and Kulusevski emerging as diamonds.

Last edited:
Pop Corn GIF by WWE

Agree we need to move on from Kane, Son and Lorris and also from 3+ years of turgid football.

We need a new manager of similar mould to Poch or the man himself.

* Go back to 4231 or 433

*Romero, Bissouma, Bentancur, Kulusevski and Richarlison should be the heart of the new team and youngsters like Spence, Sarr and Gil will have a real shot of breaking into the first team.

*Replace Lloris with Meslier

* Sign a top class LCB and Keep Lenglet as back LCB

*Get an experienced RB to compliment Spence

* Go with Udogie as the first choice LB

*Sell Emerson, Doherty, Dier, Sanchez and Davies

* Keep PEH as squad option, he’s always fit and can run for days, rare quality in modern MFs

* Get a top quality creative #10 and another wide playmaker, preferably right footed and can play on the left.

Agree we need to move on from Kane, Son and Lorris and also from 3+ years of turgid football.

We need a new manager of similar mould to Poch or the man himself.

* Go back to 4231 or 433

*Romero, Bissouma, Bentancur, Kulusevski and Richarlison should be the heart of the new team and youngsters like Spence, Sarr and Gil will have a real shot of breaking into the first team.

*Replace Lloris with Meslier

* Sign a top class LCB and Keep Lenglet as back LCB

*Get an experienced RB to compliment Spence

* Go with Udogie as the first choice LB

*Sell Emerson, Doherty, Dier, Sanchez and Davies

* Keep PEH as squad option, he’s always fit and can run for days, rare quality in modern MFs

* Get a top quality creative #10 and another wide playmaker, preferably right footed and can play on the left.
Mate.

Sick to fucking death of this repeated talk of a major rebuild that has been lingering in thr air like an odious turd since Poch's final days...

What exactly does it entail to you people that won't stop harping on about it? Take every player out back of the training ground and shoot them in the head? Burn down the stadium and start from scratch?

Have you not noticed that the squad, aside from a few key players, has pretty much changed entirely since this damned phrase was first uttered?

When has this approach ever even fucking worked? Chelsea maybe when Abramacunt took over? In an entirely different time and landscape to now.

If any club was going to do this it would be Newcastle and guess what, even they are forced to take a gradual approach.

I tell you what, you wait until the day we flog Kane and Son in one fell swoop, you'll be fucking disappointed in what comes next I'm sure...

What we need is a new fucking right wing back, not a revolution.

Fucking hell, we have footballing dunces like Emerson and Sanchez stinking up the place but yeah, getting rid of Kane and Son should be top of the to do list...

Fuck me, this place sometimes...

:contehandshead:

Sick to fucking death of this repeated talk of a major rebuild that has been lingering in the air like an odious turd since Poch's final days...

What exactly does it entail to you people that won't stop harping on about it? Take every player out back of the training ground and shoot them in the head? Burn down the stadium and start from scratch?

Have you not noticed that the squad, aside from a few key players, has pretty much changed entirely since this damned phrase was first uttered?

When has this approach ever even fucking worked? Chelsea maybe when Abramacunt took over? In an entirely different time and landscape to now.

If any club was going to do this it would be Newcastle and guess what, even they are forced to take a gradual approach.

I tell you what, you wait until the day we flog Kane and Son in one fell swoop, you'll be fucking disappointed in what comes next I'm sure...

Fucking hell, we have footballing dunces like Emerson and Sanchez stinking up the place but yeah, getting rid of Kane and Son should be top of the to do list...

Perfect post.

giphy.gif

I don't really see these things as rebuilds. It's more like a lump of clay that's always being re-sculpted year after year. Top managers have the luck, alchemy, money and talent to shape the Venus de Milo; pretenders manage Lionel Richie's head. But it is always evolving, even under the same manager. They have no control over many elements such as injuries. The best they can hope is that they're backed by the board and the fans and manage to find that crack combination of troops to have a pop at titles and trophies.

What you don't do is flatten everything because that's - as my grandad used to eloquently put it - fucking mental.

Jesus H Christ :contetellmemore:

We need to settle on a manager, a way of playing and then look at how the squad needs to be shaped and built to enable it and commit to that investment. The uncertainty with Conte’s situation doesn’t help, but even if we cut and run (and I’m not suggesting we do so), we’re back to square one on everything I’ve mentioned above.

This is my major concern with Levy. Not that we don’t spend (which we do, just seemingly poorly and haphazardly at times), but I’ve little confidence he has a clear vision for the club’s football.

Sick to fucking death of this repeated talk of a major rebuild that has been lingering in thr air like an odious turd since Poch's final days...

Let's not forget we still have Ndombele, GLC, Reg, Winks clogging up the pipeline too.

Yes G!

2) Sell Kane
3) Sell Son
4) Sell Moura
5) Sell Emerson

Get help

Back
Top Bottom