Up For Sale ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we had the finances of city and chavvy it would be a reasonable shout to suggest that we'd win it once every 3 years or so - what would that prove? It would prove that it's a money table - which it is.

why always the need to prove stuff. id just enjoy us winning

So if we spend a fortune we WILL win the title?! Really!?

Ok so Chelsea bought the title then city come along and they bought it, now united will spend a shed load and they will be amongst it, Woolwich have money, Real have money, Barca have money

What's to say the 7th, 8th club to the money party will win anything at all?!

Fine if we were one of 2 or 3 clubs with serious spending power but there are loads and guess what the big players that win you trophies would still chose the more established clubs first, that's why the latest club to party Man City never beat the better European sides and after spending 400m have 8 of the same starting 11 from 2011

Closed

so no point trying unless its guranteed success. very CLOSED. thats for sure.

Yes, that would probably be the case - their squad is ridiculously bloated.
oi u. my point was was if we had a rich owner it doesnt me we would automaticaly have lots of players happy to sit on the bench. i dont think we have paticularly more than chelsea.

oi u. my point was was if we had a rich owner it doesnt me we would automaticaly have lots of players happy to sit on the bench. i dont think we have paticularly more than chelsea.
Oh sorry mate - we're clearly not on the same wavelength today. I think they have a lot more players willing to play second fiddle - shall we agree to disagree? :adebaehug:

I'd say it's still financial doping, but happy to agree to disagree.

Even if you are wrong.

Which you are.

Because I am not.

You are.
oooo I think you may find Im right. Ill even point at you with the stem of a pipe if thats what it takes to prove it:

stock-photo-14360172-vicar-pointing-with-pipe-.jpg

this is, of course, well known to be the winning point in any discussion where I am right

So if we spend a fortune we WILL win the title?! Really!?

Ok so Chelsea bought the title then city come along and they bought it, now united will spend a shed load and they will be amongst it, Woolwich have money, Real have money, Barca have money

What's to say the 7th, 8th club to the money party will win anything at all?!

Fine if we were one of 2 or 3 clubs with serious spending power but there are loads and guess what the big players that win you trophies would still chose the more established clubs first, that's why the latest club to party Man City never beat the better European sides and after spending 400m have 8 of the same starting 11 from 2011

Closed

Agree with a lot of that, it's important to point out though that maybe not in the prem but you look at Athletico Madrid and Dortmund, it is possible to win the domestic league and get to finals of champs league, all with a budget similar to ours, all that happened their was right manager, right players, and right philosophy. I can tell anyone we do not have the complete playing staff to challenge for the title and wether we have the right manager and philosophy remains to be seen but at any given time the stars can align for it all to happen.

so no point trying unless its guranteed success. very CLOSED. thats for sure.

I was just saying that some people on here does seem to think it guarantees success which is extraordinarily short sighted, and what if us, Newcastle and West Ham all become the next £500m "tries" as clubs to take on big boys, let's all get a billionaire! There's still only a limited amount of really decent players available and we'll have to fight over the rest like we do now

All I am making point is, first billionaire well done you are in lovely position, 6th billionaire won't be easy to win much

I was just saying that some people on here does seem to think it guarantees success which is extraordinarily short sighted, and what if us, Newcastle and West Ham all become the next £500m "tries" as clubs to take on big boys, let's all get a billionaire! There's still only a limited amount of really decent players available and we'll have to fight over the rest like we do now

All I am making point is, first billionaire well done you are in lovely position, 6th billionaire won't be easy to win much
I think it's pretty obvious that more money = more success. I don't like it, but that's the way it is. We'd be consistent top 4 without the lottery winners. It doesn't guarantee success, but it makes it a lot more likely.

Hunter Davies claimed in the 'Glory Game' (about the 71/72 season) that we were the richest club in the country, and had been for some time. I have no idea if his claim was correct, but we did win quite a lot between 1960 and 1973.

One League title, one UEFA Cup, one Cup Winners Cup, three FA Cups and two League Cups for those that don't know their 'istory.

(I'm sure that everyone on here does)

Money - you'd better believe it. :pochbye:

If I forgot about an Anglo-Italian go easy on me.

Last edited:
One League title, one UEFA Cup, one Cup Winners Cup, three FA Cups and two League Cups for those that don't know there 'istory.

(I'm sure that everyone on here does)

Money - you'd better believe it. :pochbye:

If I forgot about an Anglo-Italian go easy on me.
Erm, who's 'istory is this Joe? Just picking up on the thread.

Back
Top Bottom