USMNT Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"USMNT"

Cringe Wince GIF

And why is it USMNT. If they want to be really clear that its the mens team instead of womens, its more important to be clear what sport it is (as there are more sports than genders). Call it USMNTOF (of football) or be really ridiculous and say USMNTOS(of saaawwcurrr)
Reading posts like this just makes me think MTEAABODTWJLUDOT.

For non-U.S. posters, that's an acronym commonly understood here in the U.S. and popularized during the War of 1812 and it stands for "Man the English are a bunch of dicks that won't just let us do our thing"

Well it’s our turn to play Mexico on Tuesday. I went to the game last night (Canada vs Costa Rica) and it was awesome! We had 48,000 fans in Edmonton and got the 1-0 victory.

I’m debating making the trek back for Mexico on Tuesday night. It’s 3 hours each way, and I do have to work Wednesday morning…but we had so much fun last night that I’m thinking about it.

Deep breaths gents, it's early.

Given, when I saw the lineup for the El Salvador match I wanted to slap the shit out of Berhalter. FFS, open strong on the road in a winnable game, get the morale up and then if you draw to Canadia you still feel good about having gotten 4 points from the first 2 matches.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure where the leadership is going to come from with this group.

I was at the game Sunday night... crowd was absolutely pumped for the game and squarely behind the team. Too bad we looked like absolute shit. Possession for possession's sake. Never tried to attack. Berhalter waited too late to bring on Sergeant and why the hell he started Siebatcheu over him in the first place is beyond me. If we don't win against Honduras, we need to think about replacing Berhalter. Don't give me the Nations League/Gold Cup shit because qualifying for the WC is all that matters. We were promised a new era and this looks like the same old shit.

the lack of quality in the MLS might actually be hurting the national team. I mean it's fun to watch audacious goals but the defending and organizing is atrocious
A ton of these guys are playing in Europe now though. If anything the rising “quality” of MLS are making the other CONCACAF nations better. Quite a fucked up conundrum.

Back
Top Bottom