VdV..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

not sure I particularly want him back, so many rose tinted glasses regarding his time here, I felt there were shit loads of games where he disappeared. Maybe we could have a contract where he only plays against Villa and Woolwich

First player since Ginola ive had a man crush on. Could be anonymous for 80 mins of a game but for 10 he'd win you it, or at least try and fucking do SOMETHING with the ball. Other teams were jealous of us having him in our side (particularly considering what we paid for him) - not many other players you can say that about.

VDV didn't contribute on the pitch as much as his posthumous canonization suggests, but he played with heart and flair at all times, and threw in some dodgy defending as well. I would say that he therefore embodied the Spurs ethos but he was also a little too good at taking penalties.

I would take him back in a second, because I love the man and his wife is super fit, but yes, he was anonymous in more games than he had an impact in, and was often injured.

When he turned it on, he was absolutely world class, though. He fucking loved scoring against the scum, and his passion for Spurs was unmatched in his tenure with us, and we should doubtlessly employ him as some sort of brand ambassador in the future.

To be honest.. this bit of ink on paper is probably more of a transfer link than most of those that we read in papers.

Therefore, I conclude by saying, I cannot see him returning Spurs until summer atleast.

Go on RAFA, MAKE ME EAT MY WORDS

Fans booed him at HSV game over the weekend as they thought he was feigning injury. He wasn't. Now its jokes. Those fans should be banned for booing such a man.

Forza Sankt Pauli!!!!!

not sure I particularly want him back, so many rose tinted glasses regarding his time here, I felt there were shit loads of games where he disappeared. Maybe we could have a contract where he only plays against Villa and Woolwich
Has Adrian Durham taken over your account?

:kaboul:

For me he was what Spurs was all about. What he maybe lacked in one or two areas of his game he made up for by his huge desire to win and do something for the club. I don't see anyone left now who does that to the same extent, especially since Ledley retired. Maybe Daws as a shot.

Plus, don't care what people say, Dempsey and Siggs are a poor imitation of him and simply don't have the sae level of awareness play. Siggs I will gave the benefit of the doubt to come good with age on his side. Dempsey is a load of old wank and is testing my patience. Any doubters of VDV's quality need only to look at how quickly he adapted to the English league.

Back
Top Bottom