Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You've been excelling yourself tonight with unsubstantiated opinions.
Danny Rose didn't meet up with the squad in USA? Zero basis for that. Confirmed. Well done.
Now VW missing is a mere dent in the squad...
Give it a rest fella.
Get back to that bank of TV screens & educate us about europes finest.
I love Dier to bits, but VW is the safest pair of hands in the manager's system. You have extolled VW over Dier on this very site. Make your mind up there. Is he invaluable or a squad player who isn't missed when he isn't in contention for a starting spot?. Please don't ask me to go back through your 20000 posts, but believe me, someone will if you persist with this shit.

I will give you "Kane is crucial". But that's not really rocket science is it?

Wanyama is better than Dier. I wouldnt even argue. But Dier has shown to be more than capable for coming into his third season now in central midfield..

Wanyama isn't as big of a loss as some think. Clearly. We are doing more than fine without him.

The club could've saved a lot of confusion if they'd just come out and said Victor had done his ACL as soon as it happened...

Bit like Lamela's drugs ban...

And every other injury that ever happens to a Spurs player...

Bloody shame, seems like he's going to be out for a fair old time. I miss him, was integral to the way we played last season and i can't recall losing to many midfield battles when he was on the pitch, plus he's a better all-round footballer than i took him to be before he arrived, thought it was going to be just brute strength and spoiling but he has more to his game than that.

Bloody shame, seems like he's going to be out for a fair old time. I miss him, was integral to the way we played last season and i can't recall losing to many midfield battles when he was on the pitch, plus he's a better all-round footballer than i took him to be before he arrived, thought it was going to be just brute strength and spoiling but he has more to his game than that.
It would make so much difference having him back, purely because of the options it gives us for rotation. Just keeping fingers crossed it isn't effectively season ending.

Well it sure as shit ain’t a Cartlidge which is what we’ve been told.

Hard to complain given how well we’ve done without him and seeing how hard the press have been going for us at Wembley, creating negativity at every turn, knowing he’d be out for months might have been too much for the micro Dicks to deal with.

We could probably do with looking over our training setup and rehab and such. Our training is great since it has made our team into beasts. But most of our injuries now seem to be long term.

Could maybe do with a few small tweaks to keep the quality of it, but lessen the risk of injury

At least with Sanchez next to Vert and Toby we look rock solid at the back and can move Dier into the vacant Wanyama role. I know Victor was great last season and we will miss him in some of the more competitive games but Dier should be able to fill that role very capably.

I feel gutted for him personally, he seems a good lad and was a big player for us last season.
However I kind of look at it like, shit happens for a reason, and the reason is Dier, Winks and Sissoko are getting more chances to shine and lets be honest they are keeping the quality levels up.
I don't want that to sound harsh on Vic, I don't mean it like that, just that we have good squad who can all play their part.
Just imagine the boost we will get when he is fit again, it will take us up another notch once he is competing for a place again, rather like when Lamela is back.
This means all throughout the season we will get these boosts when players come back. It might actually work out well for us, get a timely boost when needed.

Back
Top Bottom