WALKING FOR SPURS MICK

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus, Burnley. Went up on the football special, 1975 ish. Ended up.on a pub where Rain by Quo was on continuous loop. First ever sight of mushy peas in a chippy and a few run ins on The Longside.
Respect and RIP.

Mixed feelings, it's Bayern Munich at the end of the day....he still had the backing from the fans (on the whole) and the board even after his experimental season....we were a stepping stone for him but Lord knows how you get the Bayern job after the season he gave us....don't think he'll get the same leeway at Bayern and to be honest some of the stuff he said in his after match I was no wiser at the end than the beginning. I like your chap, no bullshit and given time he'll get results....what do you reckon on both

Many's the time I've eaten Percy Dalton's monkeys.

I ‘m probably in danger of going full Dennis Norden here ; but hear me out .

I was having a conversation during a match with a gentleman slightly older than myself, a few wks ago .

( Stay with me it gets ( slightly) better.) .

Joe Kinnear had just died and we were talking about times gone .

He went to the bar at half time and returned with a pint of lager and a small packet of peanuts .

It being half-time our conversation was taken up again ; and the subject of peanuts ( and prawns for that matter ) being sold outside the ground before ( and after ) games came up .

Getting to the point now ;

I told him that one of my many vivid memories of the first time I ever “saw” us play . (We’d got there late and I was about 3 foot 8 at the timel)..

WAS. What I thought was some kind of silver confetti covering the terracing once the crowd had gone home . Maybe it was the affect of the floodlights but it looked to me , at least. , like some kind of silver confetti. It added to the magic of my experience.

It took me years to finally work out that it was the flakes from the inside of the peanut shells reflecting the light from the floodlights.

Anyway if you know you know.

When I got a bit older , I remember Linda Lusardi dressed in a tight white t-shirt and even tighter navy blue satin shorts , walking around the pitch , on the red clay running track , at half time during a UEFA game , under lights .

Her gig was to throw bags of nuts over the fencing and into the crowd …

But thats another story for another day . As they say.

Take Care .

Last edited:
Those peanuts were memorable for me too, just seemed so special stood in an empty iconic ground that youd seen on tv so many times 2hrs before kick off eating the tastiest peanuts ever....and yeah peanut confetti seems to jog my memory....no problems with being good for the environment back then...it was all biodegradable...even down to the paper bag

Hello all, Burnley fan here, my father in law moved away from Poplar in the seventies up to rainy Lancashire but was an ardent Spurs fan all his life. He passed away due to a brain tumour after a year long battle and spent his last days at East Lancs hospice, it's been a horrendous 12 months but after the care he recieved me and my wife are doing a 22 mile walk from Bolton Abbey to Grassington and back in the Yorkshire dales to raise funds for the hospice. I know times are tough but if any of you would like to contribute it would be warmly recieved, if you'd just like to wish us well it would be warmly recieved too. He always reminded me when Spurs beat us and I never had much chance to give him much stick back. I've been to the old White Hart Lane a couple of times watching Burnley in the cup and once went down on the train with a Spurs supporting mate when we were 12 or 13....you played Palace in the fa cup and won 4 1, think Gary O'Riley scored an own goal....we were in the ground for about 1 o'clock as my mate wanted to make sure he got a place on the Shelf which we did no problem haha....remember eating monkey nuts from a brown paper bag....anyway thanks and all the best
Added something for you. Good luck with the walk

Brilliant...Linda Lusardi going round eh, think we'd of been lucky to have Hilda Ogden
Memories of Linda Lusardi walking around the perimeter in the early 80s throwing bags of monkey nuts to the crowd, then having them thrown back at her to the tune of "Get your Tits out for the lads".
I swear there were more bags thrown back than she dished out !

This : from someone called Yid 7 on this very site in 2014 .

Just to prove I wasn’t making
it up !!!

And also to confirm just how enduring the memory of that special evening is for those who were present to witness it . If I close my eyes I can still see her now…

Can’t for the life of me remember who we were playing or what the score was though .

Does anyone know if Yid 7 is still around on here ?

Last edited:
This : from someone called Yid 7 on this very site in 2014 .

Just to prove I wasn’t making
it up !!!

And also to confirm just how enduring the memory of that special evening is for those who were present to witness it . If I close my eyes I can still see her now…

Can’t for the life of me remember who we were playing or what the score was though .

Does anyone know if Yid 7 still around on here ?
Yep, still here.
The game was against Austria Vienna.
Q/F Uefa Cup 83/84 first leg.
We won 2-0.

Mixed feelings, it's Bayern Munich at the end of the day....he still had the backing from the fans (on the whole) and the board even after his experimental season....we were a stepping stone for him but Lord knows how you get the Bayern job after the season he gave us....don't think he'll get the same leeway at Bayern and to be honest some of the stuff he said in his after match I was no wiser at the end than the beginning. I like your chap, no bullshit and given time he'll get results....what do you reckon on both
I've met Ange and he is a lovely straight talking fella. He's the complete opposite of the man-baby he replace. But I fear for him. His football just like Kompany is dependent on having eleven truly technically gifted players that are elite. Only the financially doped Man City can give you that.

The money in football is obscene now, just waiting for the bubble to burst but there don't seem to be any signs of it happening.....when Newcastle start to flex the wallet they'll potentially be the next dynasty

Yep, still here.
The game was against Austria Vienna.Q/F Uefa Cup 83/84 first leg .We won 2-0.
Just seen this - WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT !!!!!!

I’ve been laughing for five minutes straight. Thank You Brother!!!!

The funny thing is that I woke up this morning still with the whole LL thing on my mind .

I googled “Linda Lusardi Spurs Peanuts” and came up with your 2014 post . True story ; try it yourself…

I’m fairly new here ( six weeks) and have worked out that a lot of people who were posting back in the day are no longer on here anymore.

Therefore I thought it unlikely that I’d ever hear more about it .

Funny old game …. as someone used to say .

FWIW : I just remember feeling so bad for Linda , at the time . But as you will verify she stuck to her task with a smile on her face and kept lobbing them over . Despite them being returned with interest . God bless her .

Monkey nuts eh ? They’ve got a lot to answer for .

Thanks again for getting on here and letting me know why I was there that night .

Funny things memories.

Respect Yid 7 .

Last edited:
Just seen this - WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT !!!!!!

I’ve been laughing for five minutes straight. Thank You Brother!!!!

The funny thing is that I woke up this morning still with the whole LL thing on my mind .

I googled “Linda Lusardi Spurs Peanuts” and came up with your 2014 post . True story ; try it yourself…

I’m fairly new here ( six weeks) and have worked out that a lot of people who were posting back in the day are no longer on here anymore.

Therefore I thought it unlikely that I’d ever hear more about it .

Funny old game …. as someone used to say .

FWIW : I just remember feeling so bad for Linda , at the time . But as you will verify she stuck to her task with a smile on her face and kept lobbing them over . Despite them being returned with interest . God bless her .

Monkey nuts eh ? They’ve got a lot to answer for .

Thanks again for getting on here and letting me know why I was there that night .

Funny things memories.

Respect.
Aye he's right.....just googled it myself lol

Football’s endlessly intriguing ( on top of a lot lot else ) .

Genuinely interested in your opinion re VK ; thanks

The way I see it ;if you’d walked into a bookies last June and asked them for their price on a double of
BFC getting relegated x VK getting the Bayern M job ; come May 2024;

they would probably have gone away for a few minutes, then returned to the window and let you know that they’d been told that they couldn’t take the bet . And suggest you put a fiver on aliens arriving from Mars in the next five years .

( The lame joke would have been the odds on the first scenario were so large it would bankrupt them should it occur) ( winking / smiling emoji) .

Good Luck to the man IMO . It might work out , who knows ;
that’s what keeps us all coming back for more .

Also ; genuine question , now that we’ve got you here etc.

If it really goes to pieces at Everton ….

Their manager ends up becoming available.

You know what I’’m going to ask …

Re AP :

I’ll give you a very firm answer re Ange ; it could get better it might get worse or kinda stay the same . But that’s just me .

It’s what drags us all in …and keeps us there ….

Last edited:
Football’s endlessly intriguing ( on top of a lot lot else ) .

Genuinely interested in your opinion re VK ; thanks

The way I see it ;if you’d walked into a bookies last June and asked them for their price on a double of
BFC getting relegated x VK getting the Bayern M job ; come May 2024;

they would probably have gone away for a few minutes, then returned to the window and let you know that they’d been told that they couldn’t take the bet . And suggest you put a fiver on aliens arriving from Mars in the next five years .

( The lame joke would have been the odds on the first scenario were so large it would bankrupt them should it occur) ( winking / smiling emoji) .

Good Luck to the man IMO . It might work out , who knows ;
that’s what keeps us all coming back for more .

Also ; genuine question , now that we’ve got you here etc.

If it really goes to pieces at Everton ….

Their manager ends up becoming available.

You know what I’’m going to ask …

Re AP :

I’ll give you a very firm answer re Ange ; it could get better it might get worse or kinda stay the same . But that’s just me .

It’s what drags us all in …and keeps us there ….
Yeah good luck to VK definitely, still wobbling my head over it all......its like waking up from a strange dream when you look back over the last few years.
Sean Dyche coming back........well theres no way he would want to and the majority wouldn't want him to.....that said there's a massive mutual love / respect .....he took Burnley forward and gave us belief but he's moved on to bigger things if I'm being honest.....you only need Dycheball in your life once....its effective and gets results but after a few years you start to miss the buetiful game.....Will always love Sean Dyche though....and happily turn to jelly whenever I bump into him.

Back
Top Bottom