Wayne Rooney

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A statement from DC United said: "We are aware of news reports indicating that Wayne Rooney was arrested in December.
"We understand the media's interest in this matter but we believe this is a private matter for Wayne that DC United will handle internally. We have no further comment on this situation."

What they dont understand is that it is not a private matter for Rooney or any other high profile player when they choose to accept over-inflated wages, have played for and captained their country and until recently (in Rooney's case) prominent PL clubs!
Role modelling should be incorporated in their contracts!
By saying it is a private matter I clearly read this as Wayne have a problem with alcohol.

You just can't see Harry behaving like that and he got worse press for claiming a goal he had every right to claim.
Rooney is not a very nice individual, too much, too soon IMO.
Harry presents as a very level headed family guy who is appreciating that you never get anything except by hard work. He will end up as Spurs highest goal scorer surpassing the great Greaves and he is one of the corner stones of the Spurs revival and renewal.

Can't blame council estates.

I grew up on a council estate and I managed not to grow into a sexual deviant with synthetic hair.
Me too I grew up in Hendon on council estate and did not get busted for being inebriated on passenger plane! I have to be drug/alcohol free for most of the time as I am on call for work so if we can do it why cant this fucking weak excuse for a human being!

As long as we treat each other with respect, I don't have a problem with generalisations if its merely used as humor.

But it’s difficult to show respect when describing Italians as cowardly, Irish people as thick, the Chinese as inscrutable, Belgians as boring, the Spanish as lazy etc. Generalisations are almost exclusively pejorative. The only one I can think of at the moment that isn’t is that Germans are ‘efficient’.

I like to think that humour has moved on from when those generalisations were first coined, but that’s probably me showing my naivety.

Edit: My main beef was with the poster I replied to who has an obsession with hating on the English, and the English working class in particular. He’s/she’s odd.

I watched the documentary on him(Amazon prime) - some nice insight and a reminder of what a talent he was and probably missed higher accolades due to the way in which he played (foot injuries at key moments).
Some interesting views from the likes of Neville, Sven and the scums best player and manager.

Met his brother graham in Spain during the Africa World Cup. A right Herbert. Thick as shit, just like Wayne. I’ve seen brighter eclipses . You could see what Rooney would have turned out like if he wasn’t a footballer. Working in a factory, overweight, bald, half an alcoholic.

EUy-86iXQAIS9Uj.jpg

Looks MUCH better in this pic.

....The hair.
....The grooming.
....The clothing/look
....The complexion.

........Everything

We've tried to air brush it from our history but he actually scored the last official goal at the old stadium too. (He always seemed to score against us at home).

Hope he does well in management. He was treated awfully as a player by the media, I can only think how much worse it would be now with social media hounding him too. If we think Kane gets a rough deal, it would have been nothing compared to Rooney had he come through at the same time. Mad to think Kane will beat his England record, what a player he is.

Rooney was better for me. No easy way of measuring and Kane would have been fantastic at United if it were he and not Ro6oney but I don't think he would have been as good.

Apart from Gascoigne I thought he was the best England player I have seen.

For a whole he had everything I love in any sportsperson. Unquenching hunger, fearless and played like it always mattered despite his wealth.

Last edited:
We've tried to air brush it from our history but he actually scored the last official goal at the old stadium too. (He always seemed to score against us at home).

Hope he does well in management. He was treated awfully as a player by the media, I can only think how much worse it would be now with social media hounding him too. If we think Kane gets a rough deal, it would have been nothing compared to Rooney had he come through at the same time. Mad to think Kane will beat his England record, what a player he is.

He was a shit in public & private..... Even in recent years he's been caught jollying it up with birds whilst his missus is at home. If there's any airbrushing going on, it's him trying to reinvent himself; saying "I'm not that guy anymore honest" by getting Amazon to pay him a mint for his current "I'm a new man" interview.......... Cynical as fuck. Might as well claim to be a born again Christian like all the pro-wrestlers & rock stars of the 80's did when the decades of debauchery & adultery caught up with their conscience.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom