WBA (H) JAN 14th - 1230 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just another indicator that we have to play 3-4-2-1 no matter the opposition. It's our strongest formation and allows our attacking players to really show what they are capable of.

I can't remember us ever looking this good, and long may it continue.

City away next... bring them on.

Ha ha. That was harsh.

To be fair I think Hugo was a pile of shite today, is sware the lazy cunt didn't even make a fucking save!! :sonpoint:
Just got back from the game now many a Guinness on the way back, what a fucking way to start the weekend, anyone heard anything more about Jan? Looked pretty bad the way he limped off....:pochfacepalm:

To be fair I think Hugo was a pile of shite today, is sware the lazy cunt didn't even make a fucking save!! :sonpoint:
Just got back from the game now many a Guinness on the way back, what a fucking way to start the weekend, anyone heard anything more about Jan? Looked pretty bad the way he limped off....:pochfacepalm:
Poch said it looked bad, and on the replay it looked bad.

:walker-scream:
How do these people steal a living? In response to the report on the spurs game, Keown just gone on one about how do spurs keep hold of these players? Can't believe i've had to agree with Chris Sutton of all people putting him in his place by saying we're not a selling club anymore.

I know what you mean read an article this morning, and it was an ex chav player can't remember who, but was saying how Chinese money was going to ruin football, and then with the money from costa what they should do is go all out to buy Dele and Kane!! :sonpoint:
the fucking irony is unreal!
:dembelefingers:
Why would everyone want to jump ship, we have a very close squad, with a manager everyone loves, and a new stadium on the way! So fuck off and buy some more mercenaries as we ain't a selling club no more...... (except tom Carrol)

Poch said it looked bad, and on the replay it looked bad.
I'm no expert, but when someone looks in such genuine distress (rather than the "roll round for the camera" incidents) you can only hope it's not as bad as it looks. Any medics out there???
Still, we have good back up for Jan. It's a season of positives, so there's another. Get well soon Jan. Want you to help Hugo lift those trophies.

:tobyarm:

Just another indicator that we have to play 3-4-2-1 no matter the opposition. It's our strongest formation and allows our attacking players to really show what they are capable of.

I can't remember us ever looking this good, and long may it continue.

City away next... bring them on.

Ben Davies should slot in nicely as well if Jan is out, looks good when he plays for wales in a similar formation....

Yep. But we are second in the league, injuries aside. Take note lads. This is a pretty decent squad....

Not only are we second, it's the way we are playing, and making other teams look shite, we are fucking great, if I was a chav I would be scared, we seem to have improved a lot since last season, I know it's still early to talk about titles but we are really fucking good at the minute.......:tobyarm:

That was beautiful absolutely beautiful..

Sitting there and watching the mighty Tottenham Hotspur put on a display like that is a sheer privilege.
What a manager we have and what a team this is, every one of them put on a wonder show today. Rose and Walker going forward are better than any fullback pairing in the world.
Wanyama and Dembele are forming a formidable central partnership. Eriksen is back to his best and pulling all the strings again. Then there's Dele and Kane, wow just wow, Kane just oozes class.
In the past we've always struggled to break down stubborn sides, not anymore, we are just steam rolling everyone we come up against.
The mentality of this side looks different this season, they look like they believe.
The only negative is the injury to Vertonghen, my Mates Uncle sits in block 13 and said Jan was crying as he went down the tunnel. It doesn't look good at all. Is there any news yet? or is it another one of them long waits and lots of xrays/tests? Such a shame as the 3 at the back was working so well.

Best team in the country at the moment and it's not often we can say that.

Not only are we second, it's the way we are playing, and making other teams look shite, we are fucking great, if I was a chav I would be scared, we seem to have improved a lot since last season, I know it's still early to talk about titles but we are really fucking good at the minute.......:tobyarm:
Have supported us long enough not to get carried away. But this is the best Spurs team I've ever seen. Ruthlessly efficient. Dominant. Young. Hungry. And the football we are playing stirs my loins at times. The main improvement from last season is experience. Both on the pitch & from the manager. I think the players have learned some very hard lessons from failure. Maybe it was actually a good thing to "finish 3rd in a 2 horse race"? Didn't feel so good at the time though.

(Rambling, but fuck it)

That was beautiful absolutely beautiful..

Sitting there and watching the mighty Tottenham Hotspur put on a display like that is a sheer privilege.
What a manager we have and what a team this is, every one of them put on a wonder show today. Rose and Walker going forward are better than any fullback pairing in the world.
Wanyama and Dembele are forming a formidable central partnership. Eriksen is back to his best and pulling all the strings again. Then there's Dele and Kane, wow just wow, Kane just oozes class.
In the past we've always struggled to break down stubborn sides, not anymore, we are just steam rolling everyone we come up against.
The mentality of this side looks different this season, they look like they believe.
The only negative is the injury to Vertonghen, my Mates Uncle sits in block 13 and said Jan was crying as he went down the tunnel. It doesn't look good at all. Is there any news yet? or is it another one of them long waits and lots of xrays/tests? Such a shame as the 3 at the back was working so well.

Best team in the country at the moment and it's not often we can say that.
Apart from last year?

Back
Top Bottom