WBA (H) JAN 14th - 1230 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One or two exceptions. As a very young kid, my Uncle took me to my first ever game. He had to carry me on his shoulders the whole game as i couldn't see over the wall!

Great footage. Was that your first ever game?

I agree with Paul G post. Imo our strength is more the team, and therefore that we are more than the sum of our parts. Sure, Dele Ali is an unbelievable talent, and an even more unbelievable prospect. I can see Real making a stupid bid for him.

But the rest? Rose and Walker for instance - they would need to play in the current system(s) to get the best out of them. Walker in a traditional back 4 where you defend first and foremost like a Gary Neville - well it's not really him is it? Dier is a great team player, but hardly a Worldie CB/RB/DM. Wanyama anywhere "bigger"? Can't see it. Even Kane, with that great record; I still think alot of big clubs think it's a flash in the pan, somehow that this rather ungainly forward with a big arse and not much pace will get found out by defenders and isnt worth the risk.

I'm really encouraged; it doesnt look like a Bale situation all over again, and helped by the fact that we are alot better than even 2,3,4 years ago. I think of Nottingham Forest under Clough, who built teams in the main from misfits and the academy. The big moves to the galacticos of Utd just didnt work for Birtles and others. Once they were away from City Ground a lot of them could look pretty average.

And theyre so young! This lot are only going to get better, they might not peak for 4 years or so. I'm pinching myself! (Ow)

we pretty much played 5 in attack, when was the last time a premier league team did that?

C2SrnCoXcAAsPFH.jpg

The 1-2-2-5 formation?

Back
Top Bottom