we are keeping our manager and getting the players we want!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: we are keeping our manager and getting the players we wa

I still expect one of our star players to leave in the summer. I love Rafa but if anyone were to go, especially if a new manager comes in then it would likely be him. That and the fact that when we have no cover on the right he is shoehorned into a right sided role that doesn't suit him (this could be negated by getting cover for Lennon or replacement).

If we finish 3rd it is imperative that we waste no time in making the necessary changes. I can understand why the club have been reluctant in the past, especially the summer we finished 4th were I suspect the reluctance came from both ourselves and potential signings. Finishing third would eradicate that uncertainty.

We haven't spent a great deal for a while now; we still have a wedge of cash from our last CL campaign alongside money we always seem to have...I would be surprised but it isn't impossible to think we could spend more than £50m in summer.

I want to clarify that I don't want Rafa to leave - I love him.

Éperons said:
durbanspur said:
you jumping the gun dru. we not trying to beat city to the title, we trying to keep harry at spurs. the 50 mill is a nice big juicy carrot.
That's how I (naively?) read the war chest business, too.

I have a lot of faith in Levy. He knows what it takes to increase the resale value of the club (new stadium, success on the pitch), and he's not going to bankrupt the club chasing those two things.

As I mentioned in a diff thread, according to Miles from Sports Interactive, Spurs budget for 10th every year, and that's good to hear.

to be fair dont you think its time to start budgeting for say... i dont know... 7th?

Dannyboy said:
I still expect one of our star players to leave in the summer. I love Rafa but if anyone were to go, especially if a new manager comes in then it would likely be him. That and the fact that when we have no cover on the right he is shoehorned into a right sided role that doesn't suit him (this could be negated by getting cover for Lennon or replacement).

If we finish 3rd it is imperative that we waste no time in making the necessary changes. I can understand why the club have been reluctant in the past, especially the summer we finished 4th were I suspect the reluctance came from both ourselves and potential signings. Finishing third would eradicate that uncertainty.

We haven't spent a great deal for a while now; we still have a wedge of cash from our last CL campaign alongside money we always seem to have...I would be surprised but it isn't impossible to think we could spend more than £50m in summer.

I want to clarify that I don't want Rafa to leave - I love him.

i think it highly unlikely if harry stays but (as i highlighted in red) a new manager would
more than likely see the end of him. provided of course we agree terms to buy ade otherwise
i think everybody is safe. (star players that is)

durbanspur said:
to be fair dont you think its time to start budgeting for say... i dont know... 7th?
I think the point is that they don't assume CL monies (or even EL) or deep cup revenue. So when the money does come, it's a bonus and lets the club undo the belt a bit.

I also think, and this might be supremely naive of me, that the stadium issues will not affect how much the club has to spend on the market. Like, 'zomg the ndp is almost done! no transfer spending this year!' If Levy is smart, and I think he is, he's raising money specifically for the stadium that will be separate from the finances the club has.

But, again, I could just be naive.

I've always liked the term 'war chest'.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

I'm pretty sure I've heard that before Éperons - that any money put into the NDP will be separate from existing club spending - let's hope its actually true! £50million would be a hell of an incentive for Redknapp to stay, perhaps even enough to make up for the increased salary he'd get at England.

I've heard some ITK on the manager front but dont know if I should share it.....maybe I should talk in code or something?

Dru said:
I've heard some ITK on the manager front but dont know if I should share it.....maybe I should talk in code or something?
Could you express it as a colour?

coalhada said:
Dru said:
Could you express it as a colour?
I could, but it would be more than one.

Dru said:
Meat, kind of Sausage like
Sausage is delicious, so we can only assume that the ITK is positive, rich and hearty, and a little spicy.

positive = Harry is staying, and Spicy => heat => player from exotic locale => Leandro Damiao?!?!

:harrylol:

Or maybe Daniel Levy is buying 'arry a Chihuahua.

Its more Bratwurst.

I think that's all I will say. Its only ITK anyway, 95% of that is booooolsheeet.

The way Bilbao are playing I want Bielsa

Back
Top Bottom